PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Leaving Sprint...Which Carrier to Go With Now?

hello all, i have had it with sprint. been a customer since 2000, but it is just too much hassle with this company. i have an HTC touch pro and this is my 4th phone. previously i have had keyboard issues, but with this phone it is the no calls coming in/very delayed text msgs/delayed voice msgs. i have been to the store for repair 3x, no success. i have been on the phone with them, hard resets, ROM upgrade etc, no success...same issues. i called, they want me to actually pay more to get an upgrade rather than to just switch me to another touch pro. IM DONE!!! i dont feel i should have to pay a termination fee either.

so sorry for the rant there...but im a lil PO'd. who do you all suggest for a new carrier. im currently in that new everything data plan with 900 minutes. i want great customer services, at least a TP or TP2 for the phone, and a comparable data/service plan. so who is out there??? i hope to be switched this weekend, next weekend at the latest.

thanks for reading & responding....
Old 10-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Leaving Sprint...Which Carrier to Go With Now?

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1577243
Old 10-09-2009, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i would go with verizon to tell the truth.... just made the switch from sprint after almost 5 years myself and cant be happier and love the tp2. (had to screw em over and keep the sero plan though hahaa)
Old 10-09-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS

i left work early today to do some field research at different carriers. went to t-mobile, then verizon, then at&t, then bestbuy for the heck of it. while i was out i got a voice message from sprint escalation/retention dept. because i told them i was leaving. funny thing is, they went to voice mail because my TP doesn't pick up calls...lol. anyways, i called the lady back and got her voice mail..what the heck.

from looking and talking to everyone, it seems that verizon is the way to go. customer service was johnny on the spot from the time i hit the door, they literally held the door open as i got out of my truck. also, they are offering me the TP2 for $149.99 after a $100 rebate (supposedly that is due to my govt discount). i also get an additional 19% off my monthly plan. so im kinda leaning there way. at&t had an ok sounding deal, but they wont have the TP2 until the 18th of this month...which is only next week actually. at&t also didn't have a price on their TP2 yet, and i definitely didn't like the fact that their TP2 doesnt have the numbers on the top row...weird.

on verizon's sight they also have an HTC Imagio listed, anything heard about that phone. is it the same as the HTC Touch HD?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion