PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upset and confused

Ok so with this info coming out about the etf for Verizon doubling I am a little upset and not sure what to do. I planned on upgrading phones in a month or two giving me a little more info on what phones are coming out and if the moto Droid is worth it. But now with the etf going up I don't know if I should upgrade now or just switch carriers. I talked to a rep at the store and he says the email was worded to where it may only apply to new customers or first time smart phone owners but he didn't know for certain and that is not a risk I want to take.

I like Verizon for their coverage, and now that they are bumping up their game on smart phones they are even more appealing but this is bullshat that the want to double the etf. That amount for an etf is almost to the point buying outright would be better, do they not want to subsidize their phones anymore? Just completely confuses and pisses me off.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

BethyM is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

How is sprint coverage there? We have had them forever and find good coverage in St. Louis. The upfront phone cost can be more but monthly savings quickly recovers it.

Just my opinion... hope it works out for ya.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:12 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Upset and confused

I would ditch them for Sprint. If I wasn't under contract I would too.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel RIP

arbdef is just getting started

+1 on going to spring
Old 11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

It funny buy i agree with verizon on this... people getting a account. for say the new droid.. then turning around and selling it for like 600.00 on cl or ebay.. then paying the 200 to cancel.. they just made out with 400 cash..lol

thats why u have idiots on ebay and cl. selling new iphones for 500 and such..lol

I always do right.. i just sold my second pre for 150.00 on cl..and made a father really happy as it was for his sons bday..

those people that sell overpriced phones make me sick.lol

so i can see why verizon wants to make it harder for people to make easy cash..lol

I mean if sprint did this so what.. I would just not upgrade my phone through them..and stay off contract.. and search cl for what i want..
Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: Verizon

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
It funny buy i agree with verizon on this... people getting a account. for say the new droid.. then turning around and selling it for like 600.00 on cl or ebay.. then paying the 200 to cancel.. they just made out with 400 cash..lol

thats why u have idiots on ebay and cl. selling new iphones for 500 and such..lol

I always do right.. i just sold my second pre for 150.00 on cl..and made a father really happy as it was for his sons bday..

those people that sell overpriced phones make me sick.lol

so i can see why verizon wants to make it harder for people to make easy cash..lol

I mean if sprint did this so what.. I would just not upgrade my phone through them..and stay off contract.. and search cl for what i want..
I totally agree. I have read all over this forum people doing this exact thing. This is why we have to pay $100 dollars for Asurion phones and etc. All carriers will probably jump on this as well.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

another + 1 on sprint.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

If you upgrade before the 15th then your fine anyways even if you get the new etf for regular customers that actually try to fufill the contract they dont have anything to really worry about. (etf is waived for coverage and extreme circumstances anyways) so the only reason to fear it is of you plan to leave for competition or if like what was mentioned above comes into play. people sign contracts for a reason and when people leave early we loose a ton more money than that little etf that was set before anyways...infact every disconnect is rumored to cost 2000 for one line for erasing records. possbile porting cost..pooling numbers and so on.

its about time people realize as the economy goes down and the value a dollar goes down then pricing goes up...what pays for our 4g LTE network? post paid contract accounts.......
Old 11-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

you don't have to worry about sprint doing this...
http://feeds.phonedog.com/~r/phonedo...h-verizon.aspx
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion