PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 09:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Sprint phone?

I currently have an Omnia through VZW and will be upgrading my Sprint phone shortly. Was planning on getting a TP but reallly know nothing about any of the phones on Sprint other than the TP and Diamond and don't know much about those anyway, i.e. the good, bad and ugly of the phones. Any recommendations of either the TP, diamond, wait for the TP2, or anything else. I'm also trying to watch my bank account so I need to take that info consideration also. TIA for any help/recommendations!!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor
Re: Best Sprint phone?

This may not be an option, but if you can exercise some patience, you may have plenty of options.

Its been rumored that by the end of October, we may have: Touch pro 2, and the Hero.

These will be added to the Pre (which is currently available). There are also rumors floating around about the Diamond 2, but IMO these are less substantiated.

I think right now is a time where patience will really be a virtue with regard to Sprint.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
This may not be an option, but if you can exercise some patience, you may have plenty of options.

Its been rumored that by the end of October, we may have: Touch pro 2, and the Hero.

These will be added to the Pre (which is currently available). There are also rumors floating around about the Diamond 2, but IMO these are less substantiated.

I think right now is a time where patience will really be a virtue with regard to Sprint.
I agree. If you can't wait...it's the one of the following, depending on what OS you like best:

1. Touch Pro - WinMo
2. Palm Pre - webOS
3. BlackBerry Tour - BB OS
Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post

Well said, for right now its a waiting game.

I'm eyeing the HTC Hero as I'll be bouncing back & forth between WinMo & Andriod.
I'll buy another Windows Mobile handset once a Windows Mobile 7 (Windows Phone) from HTC, comes into play.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I've got time, I'm not in any rush. I currently just have a regular phone from Sprint and I also have the Omnia through Verizon which I've enjoyed toying with and flashing new ROM's to. I like WM, but I'm not well versed in the different OS's and what can you change. I don't want a phone that I can't tinker around with, but honestly haven't had the time to search each forum here to figure out the pluses and minuses to each and every phone, i.e. TP, diamond, Pre, etc, etc so I was looking for some opinions from the people that use them each and every day. I'll just wait it out and see, and maybe even if I go w/ the TP or diamond, once the latest and greatest come out, the prices should drop I assume. Thanks for the info!!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: VZW

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff

Well I think you would be better all together going to ATT and getting an iPhone, The best phone ever!!!

HA!! Yeah right. Wait a little while and you will probably be more than happy.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Oh no you didn't! No Iphoney!Well I love my Vogue but I don't think they are available anymore.Maybe TP2 or Diamond2.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Guero.... that just wasn't right... shame on you.... I'll keep my flip phone before I get an iPhone... 20 lashes for that comment. And I was just about to get up to speak at your Geekaholic meeting...I think you lose you one year chip for that comment
Old 08-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: VZW

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Guero.... that just wasn't right... shame on you.... I'll keep my flip phone before I get an iPhone... 20 lashes for that comment. And I was just about to get up to speak at your Geekaholic meeting...I think you lose you one year chip for that comment
Back to the white chip I guess. But I did notice that you never said I was wrong.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Back to the white chip I guess. But I did notice that you never said I was wrong.
Its your opinion, it can't be wrong.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion