PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

snizzles is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
upgrade my xv6700

I'm looking to upgrade my 6700...I love what I can do with it, but the hardware is so sluggish even with the overclock program and constant memory cleaning that a lot of the time it freezes or becomes unusable for a few seconds. Also it would be nice to have GPS on the phone. I'm pretty much looking at the Touch Pro but i'd like to hear what others to see if that's a bad idea or not. Also my contract is up with Verizon but I've been nothing but happy with their service and I'd prefer to stay with them. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Lurker

profector is a n00b
Re: upgrade my xv6700

I just returned my Apache 6700 to Verizon today because the screen without. They didn't have anymore of the 6700's so they sent me a 6800. I've only had it for about 24hrs, but so far it seems a lot better than the 6700. I was hoping they'd sent 6850.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

If you're looking to keep your device, but upgrade the ROM and other software, look here..http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14. If you're looking for a new device altogether, look over here..http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Old 08-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Alltel

Griminal is a n00b

I was searching for just this very topic. I have a 6700 and love the kitchen. It's getting a bit old, a bit heavy, and a bit dated. I'm wonder what would be the next logical step as well. Touch Pro 2?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:02 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There's quite a bit coming out right now. I'm trying to decide beside the Touch Pro 2, Diamond 2, and Omnia 2. All great phones and all have at least a 3.6 inch screen. Two of them (TP2 and Omnia2) are rumored to be available on Verizon by the end of this month. There's also the new Palm Pre, Hero, and a few others that have just been released or are about to be released. The easy part will be searching the forums for info on these phones, the hard part will be deciding which one to get :P

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 08-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

If you want a hardware keyboard go with the TP2. If not then I'd say it kinda depends on your carrier but I like the TouchHD or the Diamond 2.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion