PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser 8925
Carrier: T-Mobile

djquick is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to djquick
Re: Taxing in chicago == 75 dollars extra on bill!?

I HEARD THAT!!!!! Either call or browse the internet and check out different carriers lik eSprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Boost Mobile and see what they have to say about taxing.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

All of the taxes, fees, extortion demands, etc levied by the state of IL and/or city of Chicago are going to apply no matter who you select as a carrier. As stated in one of the above posts, this is not a VZW issue, but rather an issue of where you live. I live in the city of L.A. and our tax situation is nearly as bad as Chicago's. My bill would be well over $200/mo, were it not for the generous work discount I get

Old 06-02-2009, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Threadstarter

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

oh god don't say that >< I'm trying to move to LA! that would be immensely bad too ><
I spoke to verizon this morning and they said uhm you'd get 10 bucks off your bill if you added the unlimited text and internet to national 450 minutes
so I did that and hoping it works
I'll speak with sprint today to see if that tax is with them too but I think it is because it is a chicago thing
but the weird thing is t mobile doesn't have that so wtf
Old 06-02-2009, 10:40 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sprint is cheaper than Verizon even with the taxes i pay less money at sprint than i did on Verizon its just cheaper switch i did and im happier
Old 06-02-2009, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

okay spoke to sprint
they said I would have to check in sprint store probably the same for t mobile
and att
and they had no idea when touch pro 2 was released
Old 06-02-2009, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
oh god don't say that >< I'm trying to move to LA!
Why? I certainly hope it's for work, as no other good reason readily comes to mind. If I could retire right now, we'd pack up and get out
Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM
N00b

I don't know, something's not kosher. And I know where you're coming from geekcop with the state taxes and all, but I truly think that it's a Cook County thing. Like I said, I live on the boarder of Lake and Cook County (literally...Lake/Cook Rd), and Lake County doesn't even have 1/3 of the extra and hidden taxes that Cook County has. I mean come on; there are starving people in Indiana and they're adding all these hidden taxes....G/D Richard Daley, bastard
Old 06-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

you want to beat the system that is beating your wallet? change your number... first find a friend, family whatever in another county or even state and change your billing address and switch to paperless bills. thats if u do not mind a different areacode. call in get a number to match the address meaning new area code and prefix. you will need to do some homework on what the local taxes are etc. for sure the poorer the area the better the taxes.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djquick View Post
I don't know, something's not kosher. And I know where you're coming from geekcop with the state taxes and all, but I truly think that it's a Cook County thing. Like I said, I live on the boarder of Lake and Cook County (literally...Lake/Cook Rd), and Lake County doesn't even have 1/3 of the extra and hidden taxes that Cook County has. I mean come on; there are starving people in Indiana and they're adding all these hidden taxes....G/D Richard Daley, bastard
hey I didn't vote for him...all because cook county is stupid ><
really hoping LA isn't like that and yes its for work and school
Old 06-02-2009, 06:16 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
hey I didn't vote for him...all because cook county is stupid ><
really hoping LA isn't like that and yes its for work and school
LOL, I never voted a day in my life and i'm damn near 40 so I have every right to bi**h about the mess he created because of everyone who did vote for him

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion