PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO, DroidPro, BBerry Bold/Tour
Carrier: sprint speed

igot5onitt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Asurion increasing deductible from $50 to $100 on "tier 2" phones

I've had the insurance for some time now. When I had the 6700 I use to drop and crack the screen all the damn time. For awhile, I would claim it stolen and pay a $50 deductible. As recently as last month, I received a Mogul refurb (finally), but it ran extremely slow and so I wanted to replace it. Sprint said I would need to pay a deductible.. so I cracked the screen, took it in, and they replaced it for free. Hope this method helps anyone avoid paying the deductible. $7 a month is enough.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot5onitt View Post
I've had the insurance for some time now. When I had the 6700 I use to drop and crack the screen all the damn time. For awhile, I would claim it stolen and pay a $50 deductible. As recently as last month, I received a Mogul refurb (finally), but it ran extremely slow and so I wanted to replace it. Sprint said I would need to pay a deductible.. so I cracked the screen, took it in, and they replaced it for free. Hope this method helps anyone avoid paying the deductible. $7 a month is enough.
And there you have it. Another fine example of why the deductible is going up for the people who are actually honest and do things the right way.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, and Sprint Touch Diamond, iPhone 3G (white) also ha
Carrier: Sprint PCS, AT&T(Ugh)

Mastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good work

Is there any "hard" facts of when this goes into effect?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

for everything I have on my sero plan I am saving like $80.00 a month over what everyone else is paying on verizon and at&t so I don't think this is a big deal.

Lets say you get your phone and paid full price or even the upgrade price and two months later you lose it or it gets run over by a car. Is $100.00 to much to pay then. I don't think so. You could have no insurance and have to go buy another one from sprint for full price of $579.00

This affects the people that pay insurance for years and only file one claim. They are the ones that are being ripped off.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimdock View Post
And there you have it. Another fine example of why the deductible is going up for the people who are actually honest and do things the right way.
+1

Too many people have abused the system and this is what we get.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastanthony89 View Post
Is there any "hard" facts of when this goes into effect?
Im looking at my asurion letter right now, and it says it goes into effect April 19 12:01 am. Bummer 10 years with sprint, my very first claim, and now this, Grrrrr
dschoenike

Old 02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Re: ASURION TEP replacement program changes to $100 deductible

Threads Merged!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 02-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started

Well dont f**k up your phone lololol

I always make it a point to avoid the A word at any cost but it doesn't surprise me at all.

It sucks because the level of service will not increase at all. You will still get ****ty refurbs.

Seems to me that Sprint is more lax with the claims anyway. As long as you don't chew on your phone or run it over with a 18 wheeler you can avoid asurion
Old 02-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sandiegodude is just getting started

If there is a manufacturer's defect, will we still have to go through Assurion for $100?
The glass face is lifting off the screen and actually became dangerously sharp on the corner. The phone has never been dropped or left out in the sun to warp. It's a basic sloppy build. What happens now? $100?
Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

it's threads like "mogul to TP now!!! moguls out of stock!! get your TP for $50!" that are causing us to basically have to pay for their upgrades.... I think the step system would be awesome.
in a 2 yr period.
$50 for first asurion replacement
$100 for second...
$150 for third...
etc.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion