PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RHOD500
Carrier: VZW

vzwdts is keeping up the good workvzwdts is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ASURION TEP replacement program changes to $100 deductible

Quote:
Originally Posted by willnj View Post
Just got a cover sheet and new Equipment Replacement Program booklet from asurion. Looks like the Touch Pro, which is listed as UT Starcom 6900/6950, is as of 4/19/2009 a $100 deductible for a lost phone. I don't see any phones listed under HTC in the booklet and will check on sprint.com

It goes on to say that payment of your TEP monthly charge after April 19 will serve as comfirmation that you agree and accept this change

EDIT. just got off the phone with Asurion, they comfirmed the HTC touch pro is listed as UT Starcom 6900.
The Touch Pro is the 6850, though. The Touch is the 6900 and the Touch Diamond is the 6950. Probably doesn't make any difference, though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to Carrier Discussion Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 02-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
Wonder what other phones this applies to. My wife has the Katana DLX, and I doubt they'd go up on her.

I also wonder if this is retribution for all those people who jumped ship from the Mogul because they knew what the replacement would be. Personally, I'd rather have a larger premium each month for TEP than have the deductible go up. Maybe we could buy the deductible down.
I started another thread on this couple weeks ago when a sprint agent told me about this and what she told me was it would eventually include all phones. Of course that is just what i was told by a sprint person at a repair center and we all know how poorly informed they are.

Last edited by gorillaguzzler; 02-04-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dam90042 is becoming a great contributor

Wow this iS insane!!
I know times are bad right now,but this is not the time to be raising prices,just like the big companies we are feeling the crunch too,even more so.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
Wonder what other phones this applies to. My wife has the Katana DLX, and I doubt they'd go up on her.

I also wonder if this is retribution for all those people who jumped ship from the Mogul because they knew what the replacement would be. Personally, I'd rather have a larger premium each month for TEP than have the deductible go up. Maybe we could buy the deductible down.
Looks like the KatanaDLX is a Tier 1, so $50. All the PDAs seem to be Tier 2 $100.

Attached the PDF if anyone wants to look-up other phones/PDAs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sprint_Tiered_Deductible_Schedule_en.pdf (314.3 KB, 47 views) Click for barcode!

Old 02-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You got it!!!

All PDAs will have a deductible of $100 and the "regular" phones will have $50 deductible.

This is to cut down on all of the "lost phones" claims specially when a new PDA rolls in...

Also Did you know that the Palm pre is not so bad???

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Touch Pro + Touch Diamond

rgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to rgildoss Send a message via MSN to rgildoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by willnj View Post
Just got a cover sheet and new Equipment Replacement Program booklet from asurion. Looks like the Touch Pro, which is listed as UT Starcom 6900/6950, is as of 4/19/2009 a $100 deductible for a lost phone. I don't see any phones listed under HTC in the booklet and will check on sprint.com

It goes on to say that payment of your TEP monthly charge after April 19 will serve as comfirmation that you agree and accept this change

EDIT. just got off the phone with Asurion, they comfirmed the HTC touch pro is listed as UT Starcom 6900.
myabe im wrong but i thought that that 6850 was the TP.....
Old 02-09-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

this is pretty ridiculous, I have the touch, and i could get one for $100-$150 off ebay without paying the monthly fee. although, if the replacement phone was the diamond, then I would be more understanding.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Unhappy Asurion Deductable doubling to $100

I just recieved a letter from Asurion saying the deductable for high-end (smart) phones is going up to $100 from the $50 it was in the past... New change goes into effect April 19th, 2009... (Only apply to those with TEP)

I am a sprint customer, so no idea if the other carriers will have this change, but assume its coming...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: Asurion Deductable doubling to $100

Already being discussed here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...&highlight=tep

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion