PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Asurion increasing deductible from $50 to $100 on "tier 2" phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
Its insurance, they should label the abusers as "uninsurable"
Agreed

~John
Old 02-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
All this does though is punish the people that are not abusing it. They should have been more strict about pay outs. Or made it tougher to get an exchange. Its insurance, they should label the abusers as "uninsurable"

+1.....

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Shawng2020 is becoming a great contributor

Honestly, I can understand why they are doing it.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

BillJr106 is keeping up the good workBillJr106 is keeping up the good work

I cant understand why... If they are going to do this then they need to reduce the monthly premium to $2 or something. $84 a year plus $100 a trade, $200 for "insurance". In 2 years you will have spent almost $400 on so called insurance, when you are better off just putting that money in a jar because in 2 years your phone wont be worth $400.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:17 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
I cant understand why...
Because its easier. Its much easier to just charge everybody more to recoup their losses then to actually spend time and money cracking down on the abusers.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 02-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

BillJr106 is keeping up the good workBillJr106 is keeping up the good work
Re: ASURION TEP replacement program changes to $100 deductible

Yeah I agree with the above poster, if its $100 deductible, Im not laying out my $14 a month anymore. As it stands for one phone per year its $84 bucks plus a $100 deductible? Well you better break your phone in a year just so it only costs you $184. After that you are better off putting the money away yourself since next year you will have spent $268 dollars to replace your phone and I doubt your phone will be worth that much, let alone the fact that you are getting a refurb, not a brand new phone.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I actually have never used the insurance on my plan. Everything was covered by the service and repair part. It does suck that if and when I lose my phone I will have to pay 100$ for a phone that's likely refurbed. For phones like ours that cost 600$ direct (300 at best on ebay), it might make sense, but for people who own cheaper phones like the motorola Q9c, insurance is totally not worth it. For the normal flip style phones? Forget about it, its a waste of money. I can imagine that many people will start opting out of insurance or cancel it altogether.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:50 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

So, now I pay $7 every month just so that I can have a $100 deductible to replace my phone if it messes up?

Lame.

I've only used it twice. Once for my Mogul, and they gave me a refurb at the Sprint store for free, and once for my Touch, which had black splotches all over the screen. That cost me $50 because they said "it doesn't affect the functionality of the phone."

A-holes.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

WowZers! Sad ppl abuse the system but like someone posted drop the cost of the insur monthly! I had insur on my phone since day one(the big remote qualcomm phone lol) and I think I might have used insur once all my years with sprint(the samsung flip phone they had that was prone to crack on the side) I'm usually very very careful with my phones but I would hate to think I'll have to shell out 100bucks for a refurb phone.

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 02-20-2009, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, and Sprint Touch Diamond, iPhone 3G (white) also ha
Carrier: Sprint PCS, AT&T(Ugh)

Mastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good work

when does this start?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion