PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Q) Question on newer devices on $30 SERO Plan

Cell Phone Fraud | FCC.gov

it is in fact illegal, your using it to steal service by cloning hence illegal. Even if the intent is to stop service from being stolen from another paying individual.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Please remember no posting of cloning how to's
PPCGEEKS does not support or condone any discussions of cloning

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 02-27-2012 at 08:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: ESN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Not to piss in your cornflakes, but there actually isn't anything illegal about it. It is however in violation of the PPCGeeks rules, so we'd have to talk about it on a superior site such as XDA DEVELOPERS or (not really superior, but less irrationally strict) HowardForums.com.
I wouldn't say that howardforums is less irrationally strict. They banned me for voicing my concerns about the sprint network and my ability to read between the lines.

Quote:

It's that good? The Epic helped me to discover that a hardware keyboard is in fact a very desirable feature, and I never thought I'd need one even on the Diamond. "With the screen of the diamond, you won't even notice the lack of a hardware keyboard". I did.

Thanks for the mention too.
I know I have far less trouble typing on my HD7 than I did on my TP2 which was already pretty easy with the HTC EZInput, imagine that on a 4" screen.

Quote:

. Do you know of any carriers with a plan under $30 with an acceptable amount of data and 200+ SMS in a month on CDMA?

Thanks.

- 2B
not under $30 but certainly under $40 and that's boost cuz they can get as low as $35 due to shrinkage but then you're stuck with no roaming and the at times painfully slow sprint network but you get what you pay for.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Arrow BOOST MOBILE, HD2 Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
Cell Phone Fraud | FCC.gov

it is in fact illegal, your using it to steal service by cloning hence illegal. Even if the intent is to stop service from being stolen from another paying individual.
You should pay more attention and stop stealing service, I'm not committing fraud or stealing service or anything to do with that really . Do you have something to actually contribute to this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Please remember no posting of cloning how to's
PPCGEEKS does not support or condone any discussions of cloning
Please remember that this activity is prohibited on PPCGeeks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I wouldn't say that howardforums is less irrationally strict. They banned me for voicing my concerns about the sprint network and my ability to read between the lines.

Not as good as mine though, 'cuz my account got banned just because they didn't like me. When I actually had to get some posting done recently, I just registered under a slightly different name and continued posting in another section. I don't take their site that seriously because of the moronic staff.

Quote:

I know I have far less trouble typing on my HD7 than I did on my TP2 which was already pretty easy with the HTC EZInput, imagine that on a 4" screen.
I already can and 1UP that: Swype on a 4" screen. Or just use the keyboard because stupid swype takes up the whole screen and I can't even see what I'm doing.

Quote:
not under $30 but certainly under $40 and that's boost cuz they can get as low as $35 due to shrinkage but then you're stuck with no roaming and the at times painfully slow sprint network but you get what you pay for.
No Boost. I left Boost months ago because of the ripoffs they try to call plans. "Shrinkage" doesn't fully take effect for years. VirginMobile does $35 right off the bat, so if I really wanted a cheap plan without roaming, that'd be where I'd start.

For now, I'll ask about finding a good ESN donor non smartphone so that I can get the $30 plan.

- 2B
Old 02-28-2012, 09:43 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

somebaody ban this fool and his lame obscure references.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2012, 12:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

while the clone talk is not explicit I believe that any future discussion would only bring it closer to the edge therefore I'm closing this thread

Last edited by Karl; 02-29-2012 at 12:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
$30, epic, samsung, sero, sprint