PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 03:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: T-mobile to deploy LTE,refarm HSPA(+) to main PCS band and attacks Verizon

will they got one customer, me im gonna give them a try

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
Guy, sprint posted a 1.1 million customer gain this quarter.
710,000 the quarter before. The only reason they are in the hole is because of the multi billion dollar payment to apple, (which is actually going to pay off in the long run) and huge network upgrades.

Tmobile just got a 4 billion dollar payout from att. What is their excuse? You would think managing a network with a footprint the size of a halfdollar would be a little easier than the nighmare of mixed frequency and techs(wimax, cdma, iden, 1x advanced, lte) that sprint is dealing with.

Sprint has my understanding. Plus, I would rather support an american (and my home town) company rather than a german conglomerate.

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App
true but for alot of people sprints network is still unusable.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Guy, sprint posted a 1.1 million customer gain this quarter.
710,000 the quarter before. The only reason they are in the hole is because of the multi billion dollar payment to apple, (which is actually going to pay off in the long run) and huge network upgrades.

Tmobile just got a 4 billion dollar payout from att. What is their excuse? You would think managing a network with a footprint the size of a halfdollar would be a little easier than the nighmare of mixed frequency and techs(wimax, cdma, iden, 1x advanced, lte) that sprint is dealing with.

Sprint has my understanding. Plus, I would rather support an american (and my home town) company rather than a german conglomerate.

@austin420
T-mobile was suffering because of the sell to AT&T, as a result of that customers got scared and network upgrades were put on hold,now that's gone customers have stopped leaving and they have gained customers in the last quarter. They have also announced major network upgrades that will not only increase coverage and rollout LTE but it will also allow one to use any phone they please. I bet T-mobile will have LTE rolled out to a large portion of their customers before sprint does. And what's their excuse for their network being the way it is? Especially since AT&T had and still is having that issue in some areas, you'd think they'd learn from that, obviously not.

If you have nothing else to say but irrational hate for T-mobile and allegiance for sprint then you shouldn't be posting in this thread.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
If you have nothing else to say but irrational hate for T-mobile and allegiance for sprint then you shouldn't be posting in this thread.
if you call this irrational hate, you should join the real world. id say im being rather tame. this is called a discussion. if you cant hang, id say you just have irrational hate for me. get over it.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
if you call this irrational hate, you should join the real world. id say im being rather tame. this is called a discussion. if you cant hang, id say you just have irrational hate for me. get over it.
Love how you just pick that to reply to, I defeated you in the last discussion and will in this one too. I don't hate anyone.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Here's the deal imho. It is true t-mobile lost alot of customers last quarter and it is completely plausible to assume this had alot to do with the merger talks. It's correct that t-mobile is owned by the German giant D telecom, but they also maintain and thriving corporate and IT operation in Seattle. In fact, my employer is one of the largest suppliers of technical consultants to T-mobile and they are one of our largest customers. They employ thousands of employees and hundreds of IT professionals that we hire in Seattle, Atlanta, etc. We were literally crapping our pants when it looked like they were going away...lol. Anyway, the fact of the matter is both companies have their issues with coverage and network strength depending on your specific location as you guys have pointed out. Sprint has a much larger footprint but at the cost of slower overall speeds. T-mobile appears to be damn fast around the cities but pretty crappy in the sticks which was my experience as well. The fact of the matter is we should be rooting for both of them to succeed and grow. Having 4 viable national carriers will put the heat on all of them to remain competitive, lower prices and make improvements which they all need. In essence then we all win .
Old 05-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Uh oh more bad news for sprint.
RootMetrics: T-Mobile’s HSPA+ 42 Network A Great Choice | | TmoNewsTmoNews

how the hell can you fall below the lowest threshold in over half of your markets?
Old 05-11-2012, 11:44 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Love how you just pick that to reply to, I defeated you in the last discussion and will in this one too. I don't hate anyone.
Incorrect sir. Delusions.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Incorrect sir. Delusions.

and you just filter out the facts I present, talk about delusional.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:56 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/ICL53F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Im pretty content with verizon and my lte speeds.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion