PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need someone on T-mobile for help :S

Ugh, so I got a garminfone and while I like it, I'd like to use it without a sim card in it for the gps lol, the problem is that it requires it to be sim unlocked. And I don't feel like paying T-mobile for 60 days just for an unlock code. Anyways if someone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. I'll send a message with the imei number to anyone that can help. I think that's all they need, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll work with you to get what you need if you need more than that. While I'd like it to be free, I can give a couple dollars via paypal if it works.

And fyi the phone isn't stolen or anything, it's just I bought it from a friend that doesn't have t-mobile anymore and he didn't think to unlock it before leaving. Was tempted to go T-mobile but with them not wanting to unlock an off contract phone that's almost 2 years old...

pm me if you can help, I'm not too sure if this is posted in right place but it's carrier related

Quote:
For information on the SIM Unlock Code, refer to the following:
  • If you purchased a device from T-Mobile, it has been programmed with a SIM lock which will prevent the phone from operating with other compatible wireless telephone carrier’s services. If you wish to use the phone with the service of another wireless telephone carrier, you must enter a numeric SIM Unlock Code to unlock the phone.
  • If you have a Postpaid Plan, T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible customers, provided the requesting customer has a minimum of 40 days of active service with T-Mobile and did not request a Subsidy unlock code in the last 90 days.
  • For customers with a Prepaid Plan, T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible customers, provided the requesting customer has a minimum of 60 days of active service with T-Mobile and either a Prepaid Plan account balance of at least $10.00 or a prior refill within the last 30 days.
  • T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible former customers, provided that T-Mobile has such code or can obtain it from the manufacturer.
  • If you paid full retail price for a device, you qualify to have the SIM subsidy unlock code providedif you meet the following requirements:
    • The device must have been purchased at a T-Mobile retail store or authorized T-Mobile retailer.
    • The device must be paid for completely. You must be able to fax the proof of purchase to T-Mobile.

Last edited by EyeB; 12-07-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:16 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Need someone on T-mobile for help :S

Send me a PM, I'll try to help . BTW, I have Garmin on my Schubert....4.3" GPS that makes calls..priceless!
Old 12-08-2011, 04:23 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

....snap, just remembered...go to any T-Mobile store or kiosk and buy a $10 prepaid kit...comes with a SIM card .
Old 12-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I have the prepaid kit, but they wouldn't let me unlock it because I havent been on it for 2 months :S

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion