PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 08:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dongatta is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IPhone 5

Is it true that Sprint is getting the iPhone in September or October

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

That is the rumor. Nothing has been anounced officially.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: IPhone 5

if it does say hello to more overloaded towers and slow 3G/4G speeds if they don't do upgrades.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
if it does say hello to more overloaded towers and slow 3G/4G speeds if they don't do upgrades.
Probably, but why keep complaining about it. The speeds you experience are pitiful so you should switch carriers and call it a day. There are several choices so let you wallet do the talking. Not trying to give you hard time but face facts. If I was experiencing what you mentioned in several posts, Sprint would be a distant memory. Hell I'll probably switch as well and I have 4g and descent 3g. lol.

Having said that all that, I guess the big announcement in October may be the game changer we are looking for. Let's hope.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Probably, but why keep complaining about it. The speeds you experience are pitiful so you should switch carriers and call it a day. There are several choices so let you wallet do the talking. Not trying to give you hard time but face facts. If I was experiencing what you mentioned in several posts, Sprint would be a distant memory. Hell I'll probably switch as well and I have 4g and descent 3g. lol.

Having said that all that, I guess the big announcement in October may be the game changer we are looking for. Let's hope.
because I'm in a contract and because I'm holding them to their promise of 9/30 as to when the tower upgrades and repairs in my town will be completed. also if I switch I'll face data caps so I'll wait to see if they do that then I'll goto T-Mobile or something when the HTC Radar comes out. but they better come up with a plan soon to resolve this, been experiencing this at home since February that's 7 months so far.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.2; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.40.1 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0)

This is no rumor, true no official statement from sprint to the public. Only a wild wild wild guess but preparations for a network upgrade to support the millions of new customers are underway. I think sprint knows they have to step up network game to handle the iphone data traffic and just in general. Apple needs their product and software at more carriers to jab on google.

Hey but what the heck do I know
Old 09-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
because I'm in a contract and because I'm holding them to their promise of 9/30 as to when the tower upgrades and repairs in my town will be completed. also if I switch I'll face data caps so I'll wait to see if they do that then I'll goto T-Mobile or something when the HTC Radar comes out. but they better come up with a plan soon to resolve this, been experiencing this at home since February that's 7 months so far.
Understood, 7 months though. That's plain ridiculous. After 9/30, I would call retentions again and tell them to pound salt if things don't improve.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Understood, 7 months though. That's plain ridiculous. After 9/30, I would call retentions again and tell them to pound salt if things don't improve.
yea I'll probably do that and then goto T-mobile and get me an HTC Radar when it comes out and stay with them till sprint gets their act together. although T-mobile does have a data cap their throttled speed will probably be faster than what im seein now with sprint.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
yea I'll probably do that and then goto T-mobile and get me an HTC Radar when it comes out and stay with them till sprint gets their act together. although T-mobile does have a data cap their throttled speed will probably be faster than what im seein now with sprint.
Sounds good. Plus I talked with t-mobile and for another 5 bucks you get 5gb plan with 1000 minutes (family plan) or 15 bucks more for 5gb and unlimited calling. Only thing is you have to pay retail for the phone although he told me to call him to work a special deal so I assume that means lower that sticker. Personally if they get the iphone(wife) and galaxy s2 for me I would consider switching to tmobile but will need to compare coverage and make sure.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:32 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

yes sprint will get the iphone and yes you can kiss the unlimited data goodbye too. im on verizon and was actually considering an iphone but with all the crap apple is pulling on samsung and google over android i say to hell with them and their iproducts. i even stopped using my hackintosh install.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion