PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 01:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint's sero vs Virgin Mobile, thinking about going prepaid and need advice

Wondering how sprint's sero compares to virgin mobile's quality. It seems like I can get virgin mobile with unlimited data/text for $25/month and 300 minutes. Seems pretty comparable with sprint's sero. I can use android to make data calls so I don't worry about the low minutes, and I don't use that much normally anyways. Main thing I'm looking at is the LG optimus because I want to play with an android phone but don't want to pay extra on sero :S

Another question I got is, I got 3 seros lines on sprint so if I cancel one of them, can I get it back later on if I don't like virgin mobile? Since the 3 are on the same account, just wondering if I can remake the cancelled line as a sero or not since it would be on record that I got it previously.

edit: I'm wondering if anyone has decided to drop the traditional cell plans with minutes for a data only plan?

I'm looking at the Motorola Triumph and it's prepaid $25/month for unlimited data... Or just the samsung galaxy tabs (but those are too big for "phone" calls.

With android's google talk/voice I can make data calls/text just fine, quality is good too (I've already done this on sprint's evo so I know it's fine).

Now I'm not quite ready to jump boat off the $30 sero plan but for newer phones and not wanting the $40-50 sero-p... Would this work out well?

Wondering if anyone has done this already and has some opinions on it.

edit: I know this isnt a "carrier" issue, but it's kind of a service issue from a provider... lol didnt know a better place

Last edited by EyeB; 07-03-2011 at 01:15 AM. Reason: no response so adjusting thread a little

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion