PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does Sprint want the iPhone? Their actions make it seem like so!

good topic. If Sprint got the iPhone, would you get one?

Read our article here and discuss.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Does Sprint want the iPhone? Their actions make it seem like so!

what seems more feasible is Sprint gearing up for an iPhone 5. Producing millions of Sprint branded 4s seems pretty stupid at this point, they want that insane A5 dual-core phone to go along with the Android and 7 line-up. It would be a very smart move on their part to get in on this, because VZW is going to take a lot of Sprint customers with their iPhone.

Even with the popularity of Android, I still hear people clamoring for iPhones.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Iphone 4 or 5, would you get one?
Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tjhess is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I would be all over it the SECOND it came out. I have FANTASTIC coverage here in Pittsburgh with Sprint and a company discount that just rocks!!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hells to the no...
My wife might want one eventually... But not likely... My her two brothers who both have the iPhone are going to Sprint and they are getting the EVO. Which means they will most likely stay on Android as they are not Windows guys and they are tired of apple. My wife has the EVO Shift now and LOVES it. So not likely either. Unless her sisters get an iPhone which is also unlikely as both their birthdays are coming up and since their husbands copy me when it comes to gift giving... The two sisters will likely also get EVO Shifts.
So that's a big NO from a small sampling of the AZTECHKA kind.
So to summarize...
Me - no (Android waiting for WP7 phone of my liking)
Wife - no (Android will most likely be android for life LOL)
Wife's Brother #1 - no (Going Android from iPhone)
Wife's Brother #1's wife - Probably yes (Has iPhone and LOVES it)
Wife's Brother #2 - no (Going Android from iPhone)
Wife's Brother #2's girlfriend - Most likely no (Has iPhone likely will get Android)
Wife's Father- no (Likes basic phones)
Wife's Sister #1- no (Will get Android cuz her husband is a copy cat)
Wife's Sister #1's husband - no (He's all about the Nextel for work)
Wife's Sister #2 - no (Will probably also get Android as her husband is too)
Wife's Sister #2's husband- no (He has basic texting phone... Not likely to step up.
My Mom - Nope... Nextel free chirp to Mexico FTW.
My Sister #1- Not on Sprint and has basic texting phone... Not iPhone type. Same for her family...
My Sister #2- no Has EVO- Will stay on Android
My Sister #2's son - Has Android phone and will stay on android
My sister #3 - no has Android phone will stay on Android
My sister#3's husband... Not on sprint- will stay with basic texting phone.
My oldest son - NO... Hates apple- Want's windows phone may get swayed by Android
My second oldest son- No Has basic texting phone wants EVO Shift.

Everyone else is not on sprint or coming to Sprint.
So not worth mentioning.

p.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Nope.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

Interesting to see the results. Maybe when/if it happens I'll refer to this article in the future. hehe
Old 01-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Hells to the no...
My wife might want one eventually... But not likely... My her two brothers who both have the iPhone are going to Sprint and they are getting the EVO. Which means they will most likely stay on Android as they are not Windows guys and they are tired of apple. My wife has the EVO Shift now and LOVES it. So not likely either. Unless her sisters get an iPhone which is also unlikely as both their birthdays are coming up and since their husbands copy me when it comes to gift giving... The two sisters will likely also get EVO Shifts.
So that's a big NO from a small sampling of the AZTECHKA kind.
So to summarize...
Me - no (Android waiting for WP7 phone of my liking)
Wife - no (Android will most likely be android for life LOL)
Wife's Brother #1 - no (Going Android from iPhone)
Wife's Brother #1's wife - Probably yes (Has iPhone and LOVES it)
Wife's Brother #2 - no (Going Android from iPhone)
Wife's Brother #2's girlfriend - Most likely no (Has iPhone likely will get Android)
Wife's Father- no (Likes basic phones)
Wife's Sister #1- no (Will get Android cuz her husband is a copy cat)
Wife's Sister #1's husband - no (He's all about the Nextel for work)
Wife's Sister #2 - no (Will probably also get Android as her husband is too)
Wife's Sister #2's husband- no (He has basic texting phone... Not likely to step up.
My Mom - Nope... Nextel free chirp to Mexico FTW.
My Sister #1- Not on Sprint and has basic texting phone... Not iPhone type. Same for her family...
My Sister #2- no Has EVO- Will stay on Android
My Sister #2's son - Has Android phone and will stay on android
My sister #3 - no has Android phone will stay on Android
My sister#3's husband... Not on sprint- will stay with basic texting phone.
My oldest son - NO... Hates apple- Want's windows phone may get swayed by Android
My second oldest son- No Has basic texting phone wants EVO Shift.

Everyone else is not on sprint or coming to Sprint.
So not worth mentioning.

p.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Nope.

You're not on Sprint so you're not worth mentioning. LOL.
p.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

I am til the 3rd , I wouldn't stay for the iPhone!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

LOL...
What are you going to do when they announce the HD7 Pro on 2/7?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion