PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Airvana "My Location" works finally, but phone still turns on randomly

I've had the Airvana for a few months now and I've pretty much gotten used to its many quirks. "My Location" never worked despite perfect GPS signal, SMS being doubled up or getting the "Not sent" error even if it was, and of course the phone screen turning on randomly as it picks up signal when sitting in the room. I wasn't even aware of the call waiting problem... oh, there it goes, screen just turned on agian.

I rebooted it the other day and now My Location works! Or sort of, it puts me about 3 miles away and I'm about 1/2-mile outside the circle in Google Maps. Sprint's tower triangulation was sometimes all over the board but I was always located "within error" BTW.

I wanted to see if there are others like me who experience similar issues.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:16 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Airvana "My Location" works finally, but phone still turns on randomly

I had to Reboot mine the other day, as my phone didn't see it and the orange light was flashing. I wonder if they sent out a firmware update?

Never had my phone wake up randomly. Is yours losing signal then reaquiring it? I've also never tried the My Location, will have to test that out.

I have had the multiple sent texts a couple of times. My friend texted me back "Why do you keep sending me that?" I was like Huh? Then read about the problem here.

Overall for FREE and NO Monthly charge I can live with the quirks as well!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30
Threadstarter

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Airvana "My Location" works finally, but phone still turns on randomly

Well, I haven't gotten any orange lights in weeks if not months, so I only restart it when I do the same to my modem and routers.

As far as My Location, it moves me around with every Airvana reboot, but once set, the location is completely stable unlike the phone which tends to jump around a bit. This is according to Google Maps. Still though, I'm 2-4mi away from my physical location.

Finally, it's as if my TP2 momentarily drops from the Airvana and then reconnects, causing the dreaded screen-on-full-bright situation. Have you noticed that your phone also does this once you get within range of the Airvana (or whenever you hop from tower to tower, really)? Yeah well, mine does it every 5-20 minutes.

BTW the biggest benefit for me is the increase in battery life. Better signal = less juice to power the radio!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion