PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PALM 3XE/650 IP 19/2750 HTC 8125/MOGUL/TP/TP2 EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gnatsstang is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EPRP + Social Engineering = PREMIER STATUS!!!

I figured that since I was paying for the EPRP AND the 10$ fee I'd call sprint to see what they could do for me. I was paying the MINIMUM for Premier Status (59.99 + 10$ fee). So after talking to 3 different people about it I got a manager to listen to what I was saying finally. That was in July. fast-forward to this week.
I went to the sprint store to exchange my Evo as I had broken it with the 3.29 update. As we were finishing up I asked the rep there if he would check to see if I had premier status as a joke. When he said yes I almost fell on the floor.
If you are polite and just keep asking why you dont have it, they will send you to someone who will at some point listen. It is cool to have and shows that being patient and using LOGIC can get you something in life I dont know why i REALLY want Premier status, but hey. I'll take all iI can get away with.
Remember ; be polite. ask why the 10$ fee is not included in your plan as you can't NOT pay it. and someone will listen. Trust me. I have it now.
sorry to run on but I was pretty happy with getting this accomplished.

YEAH! That guy! U know. HIM!

Last edited by gnatsstang; 09-28-2010 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: EPRP + Social Engineering = PREMIER STATUS!!!

Congrats! Think I could talk them into giving me Premier Status with my Sero 500 plan that has a 22% discount?? I did get a Free Airrave recently!

Although I don't know if it would benefit me as I have never used a Sprint upgrade to get a phone in the 5 years I've had them.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatsstang View Post
I figured that since I was paying for the EPRP AND the 10$ fee I'd call sprint to see what they could do for me. I was paying the MINIMUM for Premier Status (59.99 + 10$ fee). So after talking to 3 different people about it I got a manager to listen to what I was saying finally. That was in July. fast-forward to this week.
I went to the sprint store to exchange my Evo as I had broken it with the 3.29 update. As we were finishing up I asked the rep there if he would check to see if I had premier status as a joke. When he said yes I almost fell on the floor.
If you are polite and just keep asking why you dont have it, they will send you to someone who will at some point listen. It is cool to have and shows that being patient and using LOGIC can get you something in life I dont know why i REALLY want Premier status, but hey. I'll take all iI can get away with.
Remember ; be polite. ask why the 10$ fee is not included in your plan as you can't NOT pay it. and someone will listen. Trust me. I have it now.
sorry to run on but I was pretty happy with getting this accomplished.

So in the end did they take off your $10/fee..??

And are you on a single phone plan or family plan..??

Old 09-28-2010, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

single plan.and no, if they took off 10 I would not qualify.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Been with sprint for over 7 years, I been premiere in the 2nd year of it. I have 3 lines, a 3G airave in my account get 23%off the first two lines, an additional 20$ off all 3 lines and the new airave all free. plus the discount on all accessories at the sprint stores love it
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 09-28-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

I think I have an understanding of what Premiere Status is but I'm not sure so please explain.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

easiest way is to go to sprint.com log in, and see what you think of all the goodies you get.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Premier status allows you to upgrade your phone every year instead of every 2 years, and also gives you advance notice when new things are coming to sprint.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

MikeOD is becoming a great contributor

I called them bitching about broken crap enough that I just got a letter one day "hey, you're premier"...woo...new phone annually
Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I had called about 3 years ago and threatened to drop my service. We had NO phone service for over a week in our area but every call resulted in some clown wanting me to pull my battery, etc., etc., even though all four phones were out! When I finally put in the Drop Service request, I was called and told I was a white glove customer and they asked what I wanted to remain with Sprint. I asked why I was a "white glove" customer and they said that I had over ten years of service with zero late or missed payments. (mine is auto-deducted so how could I ). They said it was also flagged on my accout that I had executive access. (I had emailed the board of directors liason once and complained)
She told me to go to the web site and pick a phone and it was mine. I picked the Mogul to replace my 6700, which was just coming out. It arrived 2 days later, free of charge.

Not as cool as being in the Gambino family but it is something.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion