PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cancel Sprint without paying ETF

I adore them for sending us customers at least 3 times a year by doing things like this. I do like Sprint but now work for big red and these times are very exciting!!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sprint: No longer discounts additional lines

wait wait wait...
I never received the letter explaining this...

I have 5 lines for over 3 yrs now with discounts on all the lines.
I have received my bill on the 28th of Aug. and I have received all the line discounts.

Are you sure that ALL of the customers are effected by this?
I understand if they are going to start policy on the new customers but touch the old customers this way? I'm not so sure...

am I being too naive?
Old 09-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

From my online chat with Sprint today:

Me: "I currently receive a discount of ~23% on my account. According to the note on my last bill, I will lose this discount on lines 3 and 4"

CSR: "Sprint wont offer discount on the amount below $30, effective Aug/1 I am really sorry."
Old 09-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard
Called retentions and they confirmed this is a corporate policy. This will allow you to cancel without an ETF. I was having low signal at home, so he is sending me the new airave with data so I wouldn't cancel.

Sent from my HTC Evo
Old 09-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

This worked out for me, I added a line so my son could get his epic then was stuck with the extra line.. I had one line out of contract but no upgrade available....didn't want to swap numbers to close that line.... Now I get to avoid ETF and close the unused line, which had about 18 mos left on contract!

BrennB
Old 09-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

wow, you did get a lucky deal there eenie way to go!!

lol @ siptang...if they did send any notices guess where they normally put it, as all companies do? In the fine print so you more than likely wouldn't have read it anyways.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
wow, you did get a lucky deal there eenie way to go!!

lol @ siptang...if they did send any notices guess where they normally put it, as all companies do? In the fine print so you more than likely wouldn't have read it anyways.
sonava... T__T I will check my bill this month and get ready to complain like hell.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just checked my bill online and they have removed the discount on lines 3 & 4. I'm not ready to move carriers yet so I'm just screwed out of an additional $10 per month now.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

yeah after all it's not that much that you're losing out on. so if you're happy with service no since in trying to leave.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 8800

cartertucker is a n00b

With this new policy, my latest bill is up $45 + taxes based on my legacy F&C plan. This amounts to almost 32% monthly price increase for the exact same service.

Am starting to look at other carriers, after almost 12 years of continuous Sprint service.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
cancel, etf, sprint