PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
Re: SERO to allow other phones

If Sprint's Virgin Mobile got an Android I'd even leave my SERO... $25/mo unlimited data, text, and 300mins
Old 09-08-2010, 12:58 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Re: SERO Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
there isn't a sero family plan.

the plan posted above (not by pandaman) is an old legacy plan that doesn't even have unlimited data. I'm not sure how sprint is going to deal with all the old plans... maybe allow them to switch to sero premium if they want? or maybe let them die off.
I'm hoping that the former is the case.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

thrasher086 is a n00b
Re: Sero Premium and Best Buy

Well I already have a SERO plan. I am talking about upgrading my SERO plan to the new one that allows new android/4G phones to be added. I would like to do this at Best Buy so I can avoid the mail in rebates. If Best Buy is out of the question, then will regular Sprint stores be able to handle this or do I have to call telesales to do all this?
Old 09-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/20.2463; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Let me ask my magic eight ball.

It says, "Maybe, wait till Oct. 1 for confirmation when someone tries it."
Old 09-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Lurker

LakersEB is a n00b

The FAQ says:

As a SERO/Everything Plus customer, are there restrictions on where I can upgrade my device?
Yes. You can upgrade through any of the following channels: any Sprint-owned Retail Store, Telesales 888-882-4030, or Sprint.com. You will not, however, be able to upgrade your device through a 3rd party dealer or national retail partner and you will not be required to provide a referring employee's email address and CID in order to upgrade your device.

I would think this would apply to upgrading to premium as well, but who knows...
Old 09-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/20.2463; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

In the past people have upgraded at best buy that's why I would wait till someone tried.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

five bucks for 200 min... not really a better deal imho.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
five bucks for 200 min... not really a better deal imho.
It would be $15-25+ in savings per month because Iconic phones on SERO will be $40 and 4G will be $50 plus tax.
Sure the phone will be full price but you can get discounted Virgin Mobile cards online to save even more and there's no contract.
Anyway I doubt Virgin Mobile will get an Android anytime soon
Old 09-08-2010, 01:58 PM
N00b

thrasher086 is a n00b

Thanks Lakers. From your info, it looks like I will be out of luck. I'll probably do a corporate store and deal with the mail in rebate if Best Buy doesn't work.

Chill with the magic eight ball comment. While you can't help, there are likely some Best Buy employees in here that might have some insight.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

Ultimate Android Phone:

-Android 3.0 or > OS
-IPhone's Retina Display with IPhone's fantastic touch response sensetivity (HTC wake the f up on this one!!!)
-Dual Core Samsung Orion CPU
-4G
-GPS
-Bluetooth 3.0
-Wifi b/g/n
-8 Megapixel Camera with 1080P recording
-HDMI and Headphone jacks
-No bigger than TP2 in size god damn it!!!
-Same weight as Epic or lighter
-Comes in two versions with and without a keyboard

Also would be nice if: cooks, cleans, prints money, gives blowjob, has a built in projector so I can watch movies before sleep...hmm...help me out, what else did I miss.......

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
sero