PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Airave

Does my airave tell my phone the location? Ever since installing my airave my phones location at home has been off by over 40 miles. Also why does airave need a gps?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2010, 09:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

bzxzlg is a n00b
Re: Airave

I think this has something to do with the Froyo release as mine NOW does the same thing ... I was going to call airave support to see if maybe they've done some sort of update that may have caused this ... Just haven't had time ...
Old 08-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Your phone probably looks at the ip provided by the rave and it is not in your current city.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
From my knowledge, it needs the gps for the tower to know where to send the signal and the internet boosts that. That's what the reps told me. Under settings and location, do you have the mobile location option on?

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 08-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

I called tech support yesterday and they started a work ticket on my airave for this issue as welll as my text messages time stamping 2 hours ahead of where I am. I get great signal strength but it jacks up my location and messages for sure.

Give some
Old 08-20-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work

Just so you know, the newest Airave (that supports data) is in stock. A lot of us have been discussing it on another forum, those of us Sprint Users. We've all been getting them for free, with no MRC via Account Services. That might solve your GPS problems. I just checked mine and it's spot on. It's the Airave v2.

Good luck.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

mine always shows New York and I'm in CT, never got a reasonable answer from anyone at Sprint either.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

I have the newest one and GPS finally synced right but I still have my text messages time stamping 2 hours ahead of my time zone. Jacks up my threaded messages...I hate that!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo4G

beauty1085 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to beauty1085 Send a message via Skype™ to beauty1085

Well mine is on the way it is called the Airave Access Point by Airvana

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion