PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: none.. -_-

Growf911 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will Sprint fix/replace my Touch Pro?

I bought an original sprint touch pro from a friend about a year ago. In that time, I modified it to run on the VZW network under Page Plus. I have recently had major problems with the screen and keyboard.
First the screen began to distort colors. This was the fault of a ribbon cable. I replaced the entire screen/keyboard assembly and the problem was solved.

Now my keyboard has stopped working. I have checked the connections repeatedly, but on my most recent attempt I found that the phone is now stuck in landscape mode. The keyboard still does not work.

I have hard reset and changed roms but that is of no help. It is a hardware problem.

Is there any chance at all that Sprint would give me a replacement?

I'm tight on cash atm and I really can't stand to give up on this phone.

Thanks guys.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Will Sprint fix/replace my Touch Pro?

The phone is no doubt out of warranty, it's not attached to a Sprint account. Why would you think they'd fix or replace it? They are not responsible in anyway. HTC maybe but by this point, not likely. Your best bet, keep tinkering, pay a shop for repair, seek out replacement phone $.

BrennB
Old 08-07-2010, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ecrob is becoming a great contributor

Well... a friend dropped her phone in water and they had an old Mogul that was not attached to the original account so they activated the phone under their account which had insurance and since the Mogul was very beat up and hardly working, they took it to the Sprint store and since they had warranty on their account, they gave her a new Mogul! ...Sprint rocks for the most part in customer satisfaction!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Yes but the key is they have a sprint account and activated the phone under it. OP has it flashed to a different carrier and wants Sprint to replace it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
Old 08-10-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ecrob is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Yes but the key is they have a sprint account and activated the phone under it. OP has it flashed to a different carrier and wants Sprint to replace it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
You are 100% correct.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion