PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 08:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Crossova is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do We Get Credit For Turning In SERO Plans

I know this idea sounds sill and im pretty sure that i misunderstood this when i read about it some time ago, but is it true that there is a way to get some type of credit on your account from Sprint for giving up your SERO acct for a regular account? Again, im pretty sure the answer is no but just wanted to ask to be sure. I am officially out of contract in 10 days, and looking to make the jump to the EVO but im trying to soften the sting of doubling my bill every month.

Ive also read on these forums about Sprint allowing SERO customers to upgrade to the EVO for and extra 10 or 20 bux which is nice but still a roumor. So im mostly just curious about this option still being available to us.

The touch pro is like waking up to a super model, and shes just waiting there whispering in your ear vs the mogul being some fugly chick that wakes you up with constant irregularly timed snoring
Old 07-22-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work
Re: Do We Get Credit For Turning In SERO Plans

I was in the same boat as you are. I just upgraded to EVO today. Sprint had a promotional offer of $20 off your bill for a year when you give up your sero plan. But this promotion ended in May.

Your best option now is the 59.99 (with 500 mn) plus the 10.00 requirement.

Good Luck!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:49 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

you never know till you call and try. the best deals are the ones you can negotiate yourself. call and tell them you expect a deal for giving up sero. act like you own the place, and theyll treat you like you own the place.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

imitchely is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
I was in the same boat as you are. I just upgraded to EVO today. Sprint had a promotional offer of $20 off your bill for a year when you give up your sero plan. But this promotion ended in May.

Your best option now is the 59.99 (with 500 mn) plus the 10.00 requirement.

Good Luck!
Best option is to hold out till Oct. 1st to see if we get full access to ALL phones!! This would make Evo 40.00 to 50.00 per month depending on the CS you talk too. Either way, its better than the 2 year discount as it doesnt expire!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Well, if he can fight his way into getting whatever he wants, that would be wonderful and I do hope he gets it. I tried that route and it did not work.

Good luck, I hope you get a pretty decent deal.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:16 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Well, if he can fight his way into getting whatever he wants, that would be wonderful and I do hope he gets it. I tried that route and it did not work.

your right. i forgot, they dont really care about losing sero customers.
haha
Old 07-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

imitchely is just getting started

Quote:

Its still not the best deal if the restrictions are removed from Sero.. The discount to leave Sero was dropped to 10.00 for a 1 year period. This would still have you paying more than the rumored 50.00 on the "new" Sero plan.The discount would also be gone after 1 year while the Sero could go on for years if we are lucky! You have stuck with your Sero plan for this long, another month or two really isnt that long to wait. If it turns out to be just a rumor, well then you have other options to choose from instead of just the evo. I cant wait to see the Epic rumored to be dropping very soon!!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Crossova is just getting started

OK so I called Sprint yesterday, and i was inquiring about a credit being applied to my account if i decided to turn in my SERO account for an SEP. The rep said that that offer was no longer available other than through retentions but that since we were on the subject he would like to mention that as of Oct the SERO plans will be revamped to be include phones such as the HERO, Moment and EVO 4g. the EVO 4G will be an extra $20/mo. because it add Sprint Nav and the "premium" data that is usually associated with owning that phone anyway, all other phones would just be an extra $10/ mo. so it looks like ill be hanging on to my TP2 till Oct!

If you dont believe then feel free to call like i did. i didnt even ask directly about it, just about upgrading in general and the rep was nice enough to share that info.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ecrob is becoming a great contributor

Waiting for October too!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:08 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just about another month and a half more to go!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion