PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possibly switching from ATT to Sprint

ok heres a short background.... I currently have a Sprint account and am using the TP2 with sero. of course i would like to upgrade and get the EVO but cant quite afford it. My fiance has ATT with the iphone 3gs and what ever required plan goes with it. she also has a second line she shares that is not currently not being used so it can be closed. my bill ranges around $35 after tax and hers upwards of $150.

now we're trying to find a way to save money. i have no intentions of moving to att and she was thinking of moving over to sprint. my thought was to open a new line and get the evo while giving her my sero line but i would want to try to keep our perspective numbers to ourselves. the only problem is that she looking at sprints website and kinda has her eyes on the hero

with that said i would have to either get two new plans and see if i could sell my sero plan and do a TOL, open a family plan, or idk if i can get a simply everything line and add a line to share minutes.

im kind of curious of what my best bet would be out of these options or if you guys have any suggestions of your own. either way wed be saving more in the long run. i do also get a 20% discount from work and i know i could prolly weasel a few more discounts out of sprint but dont want to count on them before i commit to anything.

what do you all think might be my best bet to do that might save me the most? please keep in mind that im not one of those types that are looking to get everything for nothing. just want the best best bang for my buck

sorry it was so long. but thanks guys for any response
Old 06-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Possibly switching from ATT to Sprint

anybody?
Old 06-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Verizon

cataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cataclysm13 Send a message via Yahoo to cataclysm13

I would try for the family plan. A buddy of mine is switching from verizon and was quoted $140 a month for two lines with unlimited data, mobile to mobile, texts, picture messaging, and 1500 minutes for calls to land lines.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

would the evo and hero be compatible though?
Old 06-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
would the evo and hero be compatible though?
compatible in what way? They're both HTC Android devices.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

as long as im not on a sero plan anymore both the evo and hero would be compatible with a family plan. also, what would you guys suggest i do with current plan? just upgrade and leave it behind?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

you could sell the sero line...
Old 06-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Sero plan was and will probably be the best mobile phone deal ever (esp with discounts and addons like pick3, etc). Period.

With that said, you really have no choice but to get the sprint family plan ($130) if you really do want both Evo and Hero. The cheapest option is if you only have to get one more line (the $70 plan) which would let her have the hero and you keeping the TP2.

I don't think there's really much other options.....

Last edited by wildpig; 06-29-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Edited
Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
Sero plan was and will probably be the best mobile phone deal ever (esp with discounts and addons like pick3, etc). Period.

With that said, you are probably now better with one of the sprint family plan (which probably would still be a lot cheaper than her $150 plan). This is still more expensive than having 2 separate SERO lines, but prob the next best thing since SERO is not offered anymore....

Btw, how the heck does yr fiance ended up with $150/month? I really hope that includes everything (voice, txt, data, gps, etc) unlimited.....
well she currently has one of those goofy iphone plans which i think is one of the most expensive they offer. she also shares her minutes with her sister. SERO is the best deal out there. i totally agree but i really want this phone! lol. i think in the long run we would be better off on the 1500 share plan. im really gonna miss it and cant afford to keep it around "just in case". on a side note does anyone have any idea what the transition would be like to go from an iphone to a 'droid?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Well, if you really want the Evo and she wants the Hero, really your only choice is to go with the family plan..

Make sure you do get your SERO plan to someone else though (sell or transfer it, etc). We really need to keep the SERO legacy alive. It;s a dying breed on verge of possible extinction if not continued to be maintained

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion