PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

syavik is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint forcing to change a plan?

I have Bus. Essentials Unlimited plan (everything unlimited: data, voice, text etc) and HTC Diamond. Yesterday I went to get HTC Evo and I was told that I have to change to another Unlimited plan since this unlimited plan is not compartible with new phones (HTC Evo or BB 9650). Oof course with a new plan I will not be able to use my corp discount (25% off) and my bill will go up about $25 per month + $10 for Evo = $35 a month. I already spoke to a few reps and they are telling me that there is nothing that they can do since my plan is too old and I have to change my plan, because Android phones use more data then Windows phones, but what the hell is the difference, they are both unlimited so why should I care???? All reps that I spoke to refuse to connect me to the same plan that I have with new phones and they are telling me that only older phones will work with my plan. What should I do? Any ideas?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Sprint forcing to change a plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syavik View Post
I have Bus. Essentials Unlimited plan (everything unlimited: data, voice, text etc) and HTC Diamond. Yesterday I went to get HTC Evo and I was told that I have to change to another Unlimited plan since this unlimited plan is not compartible with new phones (HTC Evo or BB 9650). Oof course with a new plan I will not be able to use my corp discount (25% off) and my bill will go up about $25 per month + $10 for Evo = $35 a month. I already spoke to a few reps and they are telling me that there is nothing that they can do since my plan is too old and I have to change my plan, because Android phones use more data then Windows phones, but what the hell is the difference, they are both unlimited so why should I care???? All reps that I spoke to refuse to connect me to the same plan that I have with new phones and they are telling me that only older phones will work with my plan. What should I do? Any ideas?
post this in the numerous threads that have been posted already...one is even stickied...
Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

syavik is a n00b

Can you please help me out with a link since I can't find it.
Thank you
Old 06-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Look in the evo 4g section
Old 06-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The solution would be to NOT get the EVO if you don't want to change your plan.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

i am wondering why you think you cannot get a discount on another plan....
should be no problem. maybe this will help? perhaps you could share with us what plan you are considering.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

syavik is a n00b

Corporate discounts will work on any plan, besides Simply Everything
Old 06-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

syavik is a n00b

No EVO, NO BB 9650, no other newer phones....
Old 06-24-2010, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

I can comfirm that pulling hair and teeth and even bitting Sprints elbows WILL not make them keep Sero if you buy the Evo. I tried already. But theres hope... iphone 4? That thing is amazing. But att suxors! And Apples lockdown is not forgiving.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

cmptekinc is just getting started

Hey, don't feel so bad. Evo has terrible battery life from what people say. Sounds like you need a long extension cord plugged in at home so you could charge it on the go....

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion