PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JaxChris is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprints been lying yet again - Evo Sales

From some rumors I heard, Sprint only was able to receive 30,000 of them from HTC in time for launch but they are all sold and waiting lists for more. Sprint even promised Best Buy weekly deliveries and their June 9th shipment will probably not make it on time.

Hey, why does nobody ever throw a flag or cry foul when all the Apple butt pirates pollute their marketing numbers.

Take places like Engadget who will blatently believe Apple's word as gospel about sales figures when Apple puts up slides saying they delivered 1,000,000 units (how many they received from China) and then tries to directly compare that to G1's that were activated by customers. So Apple gets to count every single units but everyone else can only count how many were purchased by a customer and linked to an account? Yea, real fair there.

Ask any store that sells crApple gear and they will tell you iPhone's have a higher replace/refurb rate than even the original Touch Pro - and that's saying something.

Plus I like how AT&T's craptastic network chops out on users so they have to retry shit multiple times. Then Apple spills out PR saying they have more devices hits on popular websites than other phones. Well gee, if their phone & network take 5 tries to get what I do on the first try I would think their number of website hits would be higher. How about they throw in "unique users" instead of hits just to make sure it's fair?

Did Sprint slip up? Probably. Hell, they didn't give any figures and new outlets went to Android devs asking for how many Evo downloads they got to get a figure. Sprint got dinked because they didn't control their PR (or should I say didn't do enough) and it went sideways.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Full store...

Originally Posted by tool2269
ruuh row....

The company said Tuesday it inadvertently inflated the first-day sales of its new HTC Evo 4G startphone, although the demand for the phone was still much higher than other Sprint phones at their launch.

Tuesday, Sprint said the Evo indeed set a new company record for the highest quantity of phones sold in one day when it went on sale Friday. The Evo sales numbers were six times better than the Samsung Instinct and twice as strong as the Palm Pre's launch, the company's previous record-holders.

However, the Evo's first-day sales numbers weren't any better than the number of Instincts and Pres sold in their first three days on the market combined, which contradicts what the company had said previously. The Evo first-day sales were actually in line with those phones' sales in their first three days.

The company said it continues to expect Evo sales to outpace those of the Instinct and the Pre.

Demand for phone, made by Taiwan-based HTC Corp., produced lines at some Sprint stores when it launched last week, overloading Sprint's account-activation system and creating spot shortages.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness
Threadstarter

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i didnt need to register it was top news on google for evo sales
Old 06-08-2010, 11:27 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
This makes sense. Im starting to think dude is really just a disgruntled tp2 user over here spreading negativity. ALL of his posts are negative about the evo in one way or another.
LMAO yup thats true. I was all like did they lie and all it said was Sprint claimed bigger number and actually they were even...lol gezz

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:29 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

This kid bitched about the TP2 all day. Annoying little prick actually.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk Pro.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Who give a rats ass how many they sold.... I've got one, you've got one.... other guy will get one next week.... whats the problem?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

yang88she is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to yang88she Send a message via MSN to yang88she Send a message via Yahoo to yang88she

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
This is CRAP!!!!! Everyone gets a thanks but Boo Boo.

CW

where's my Thanks? j/k
Old 06-08-2010, 11:36 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Old 06-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Who give a rats ass how many they sold.... I've got one, you've got one.... other guy will get one next week.... whats the problem?
/thread
Old 06-08-2010, 11:38 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Boo just working on that post count dont be hatin...lol

CW
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion