View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 PM
JaxChris
PPCGeeks Regular

JaxChris is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprints been lying yet again - Evo Sales

From some rumors I heard, Sprint only was able to receive 30,000 of them from HTC in time for launch but they are all sold and waiting lists for more. Sprint even promised Best Buy weekly deliveries and their June 9th shipment will probably not make it on time.

Hey, why does nobody ever throw a flag or cry foul when all the Apple butt pirates pollute their marketing numbers.

Take places like Engadget who will blatently believe Apple's word as gospel about sales figures when Apple puts up slides saying they delivered 1,000,000 units (how many they received from China) and then tries to directly compare that to G1's that were activated by customers. So Apple gets to count every single units but everyone else can only count how many were purchased by a customer and linked to an account? Yea, real fair there.

Ask any store that sells crApple gear and they will tell you iPhone's have a higher replace/refurb rate than even the original Touch Pro - and that's saying something.

Plus I like how AT&T's craptastic network chops out on users so they have to retry shit multiple times. Then Apple spills out PR saying they have more devices hits on popular websites than other phones. Well gee, if their phone & network take 5 tries to get what I do on the first try I would think their number of website hits would be higher. How about they throw in "unique users" instead of hits just to make sure it's fair?

Did Sprint slip up? Probably. Hell, they didn't give any figures and new outlets went to Android devs asking for how many Evo downloads they got to get a figure. Sprint got dinked because they didn't control their PR (or should I say didn't do enough) and it went sideways.
This post has been thanked 1 times.