PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint and roaming

Just got a call from a friend that has been with Sprint for over 6 years (I think it's closer to 10 but am not entirely sure). Anyway, they told him they would be dropping him at the end of the month because he has been roaming too much.

Seriously, WTF? He has always had their Unlimited everything plan, goes through 3 or more phones (FROM SPRINT) per year, and even has a data card with them.

Talk about burning bridges. I realize there's a point where you can't keep a person on if they're costing you too much but he has never had any problems with them before. He said (running the same routes as a trucker) his last two phones (Moment and tried a TP2 to be sure it wasn't the moment) have started roaming like crazy over the past couple months.

Just thought I would share and see if anyone else has run into anything ridiculous like this. Clearly it's a network issue as he is still making the same trips and has tried different phones.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion