PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NighthawkIX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Time for Sprint Contract Renewal

Time for a contract renewal from Sprint- been a customer for 4 years now.

Currently on a old-school Sprint Fair and Flexible Family 550 plan with 3 lines for $79.99.
One of the lines has the "Sprint Unlimited Data Pack" add-on for free (bonus from my last renewal)

Unfortunately, I talked to the Sprint Reps today about upgrading to either the HTC Hero, or waiting on the HTV EVO, and I've been told those two phones will not activate on my current plan. Can anyone confirm this?
It currently looks like Sprint is trying to squeeze me into buying the $129.99 Everything Family Plan... There is no way I want to pay that much for phone service, but at the same time I want the Hero or EVo.

Also, what kind of bonuses can I get from renewing my contract with Sprint? Currently they're just offering 1 month free for the first line, and $50 credit for the second 2 lines. Any advice here very appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Time for Sprint Contract Renewal

Far as past phones with the same requirement (Simply Everything Plan) there has been no leeway.

BrennB
Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

NighthawkIX is a n00b

Yep-- just found that out after talking to the rep. But I managed to snag up a good deal for my renewal. I'm getting a HTC TP2 free, and -$18/mo on my bill.

This is on top of my BestBuy employee discount, and other deals I have grandfathered in.

Fair Flexible Plan 550
3 lines
550 shared anytime minutes
Unlimited Data for 1 line
500 texts for 1 line
Nights/Weekends, etc etc.

Grand total of $37 before taxes, $50 after taxes. If I'm not mistaken, I might be getting a better deal than most grandfathered SERO plans...
Old 05-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

So, yes great deal. But, does that mean you gave up the idea of the Evo or Hero? Im curious your technique. I will be upgrading in July I never get good deals on plans. Thinking the 18$ mo would be killer.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

NighthawkIX is a n00b

Nope- haven't given up hope on the Evo/Hero just yet. But I'm stymied for now.

As for how to get a good deal, my 22% is for my BestBuy discount- so you'll need to find a employer that works. The 500 texts/unlimited data for the primary line (my line) was what I got out of them the 1st time I renewed my contract.

I believe you can get -$10 if you have 1 line you're resigning. And then $5 for a 2nd line, and $3 for a 3rd line. BUT YOU HAVE TO PRESS THEM. If one agent doesn't give you what you want, call back in a few minutes and speak with another. The key is to get your account noted. Don't say "well, I heard so and so got this deal," because they'll just deny everything and stonewall you.

Instead, just press in with, "my contract is about to expire, what can you give me to renew?" If it's not good enough, just say bluntly, "no, that's not enough." Remember, when you're about to renew, it's the one time you have more leverage than they do. Use it to the fullest ability, otherwise you'll have to wait another 2 years. If the agent is uncooperative, remember what they offered you, call back in 30 min or so for a different agent, and repeat that offer and ask for more cherries on top.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

MikeEx is becoming a great contributor

When you renew your contract,
Do you get new customer pricing if you're aiming for a new phone?
Would that stack with the $150 credit I have now?

If the only benefit is a free first month for the primary line and credit for the others; I suppose I could work with that to get a cheap Evo.
Radio: Sprint Radio V1.11.00F

Last edited by MikeEx; 05-18-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:07 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Instead of starting a new thread, thought I'd ask it here....just checking to see what kind of "renewal credits" people are being offered? I was offered $70 if I were to sign up for a new 2 year contract. Anyone get offered the same or better?
Old 08-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Instead of starting a new thread, thought I'd ask it here....just checking to see what kind of "renewal credits" people are being offered? I was offered $70 if I were to sign up for a new 2 year contract. Anyone get offered the same or better?
My contract is up and I was offered the $70 renewal too, but they said if I accepted that, I would lose the $150 phone credit. That's a great deal for them and a crappy deal for us!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
My contract is up and I was offered the $70 renewal too, but they said if I accepted that, I would lose the $150 phone credit. That's a great deal for them and a crappy deal for us!
Thats strange..usually you can get the credit and keep the upgrade....maybe a bad rep?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Thats strange..usually you can get the credit and keep the upgrade....maybe a bad rep?
This was from chat sessions with two different "offshore" agents. They didn't volunteer that information, but did say that when I asked.

I may try calling *2 next time. Hopefully I can talk to someone without an accent, who can explain why anyone would even consider accepting $70 when that means they would lose $150!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion