PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Sprint says ~400KB down is normal!!!!

These freakin people. So, I've been plagued with really slow data speeds on my TP2. I average around 400KB down. I'm in the Downtown Seattle area. We have some of the fastest EVDO Rev A speeds out there. I know people getting upwards of 2MB down. I was getting around 1MB-1.2MB down in Redmond, WA on my TP.

So today I went to the main Sprint store/repair center, leave my phone with them for an hour, come back and have them try to tell me that the 400KB I'm getting is GOOD!!! WTF?!!! So I told them how wrong he (the tech) was, tethered an in-house TP2 to one of their demo laptops....and BAM!....1.68MB down. Then he tried to come up with some excuse about local utilization effecting speeds. DUDE....I just showed you 1.68MB down on a demo TP2. Reluctantly (the nerve...), they ordered me a replacement.

So my question is....is anyone else in a MAJOR metropolitin market havin these BS speeds with a TP2?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint says ~400KB down is normal!!!!

have you patched your antenna driver?
Old 04-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

are you sure you're not getting KB and MB mixed with kb and mb??
KB = KiloByte
kb (Kb) = Kilobit
MB = MegaByte
mb (Mb) = Megabit

where 1 byte = 8 bits

so when you say 2 MB you probably mean 2 Mb as in 2000 Megabits per sec which is about 250 KB (KiloBYTES).

if you are average 400 KB (KILOBYTES) in download speed, ur doing pretty good on EVDO
that equates to 3200 Kb which is 3.2 Mb.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

Note: When tethering with my TP in Texas area with EVDO A i get on average between 1.5-2.3 Mb download speeds.

today i've seen up to 400 KB in download speeds which really shocked me! i usually get 150 KB on average

Take that back, just now it reached 500 KB!

i just looked this up for you.

Other Mobile Data Networks
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 7, 2006--Sprint (NYSE: S) today announced that it has upgraded the Sprint Power Vision Network(SM), the nation's largest wireless broadband network covering more than 170 million people, with the faster EV-DO Revision A technology in the Seattle market. With the upgraded mobile broadband network, customers in Seattle will ultimately be able to utilize richer applications and services such as high-speed video telephony, music on demand, video messaging and large file uploads.

Seattle is among the first 21 markets where Sprint will roll out EV-DO Revision A this year with coverage expected to reach more than 40 million people. Sprint Power Vision users in these markets should experience significantly faster average upload speeds of 300-400 kbps (compared with 50-70 kbps of current EV-DO networks). Average download speeds should also increase to 450-800 kbps from 400-700 kbps.

http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...054&highlight=

Last edited by Mswezey; 04-16-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

On speedtest.net I was getting 0.40Mb to 0.70Mb down....sloooooow.

Just got my replacement. We'll see how it goes.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Well hopefully all goes well!

haha that is a bit slow, even during peak times i dont drop that low on my down speed
Old 04-17-2010, 06:05 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

wifi sharing

Old 04-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Fianlly got around to testing this the replacement phone.

Now I get:

This is much more satisfactory in my book.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Awesome! thats pretty decent i'd say.
i was up in Everett (north of Seattle) during xmas break and tested it with about similar results.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion