PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Exclamation SamsungAirave_v1/2&Airvana_v1!!! (Updated!)

Updated this post/thread with the new info!!! (August 24th,2010)

Here is my original folder I uploaded when I first made this post/thread:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vahcg5vtfif0m

That folder contains my pictures of the Original v1 as well as the v2 Airave! (as far as use, the v1 Airave did BASIC 1X, and the v2 also did BASIC 1X but had support for 4G voice codec unlike the v1)

Here is the folder with my newly unboxed Airvana:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmh60d65wmkj1

This folder contains shots of the new Airvana as well as a couple comparison shots between the Airave v2 and the Airvana

EDIT: Airvana Manual: http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf..._sprint_ug.pdf (you can also find the QS guide as well on the site, but i wont link it... redundant)
OIY!

Last edited by Kane3162; 08-24-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dadoc04 is keeping up the good workdadoc04 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dadoc04 Send a message via Yahoo to dadoc04
Re: Sprint Airave Plus...?

Looks like i may have to contact Sprint
Old 04-11-2010, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Did they charge you for it or free replacement? Are there any new features?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Is it the one made by airvana, with EVDO support?

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 04-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
Is it the one made by airvana, with EVDO support?
" its the same as the Verizon Wireless Network Extender" so that would be no, its the new version from Samsung that Verizon got, but its sprint labeled (at least from all the looks thats what it seems) its NOT by airvana and so far no EvDO support...

also I didnt have to pay anything (well they tried to make me pay $20 for activation... dont think so i pay $120 a month for SimplyEverything and for 3 years still dont have signal where I live even though its "perfect" on the sprint coverage map)

since it was a faulty unit and I told them replace it or im gone... of course the Airave department tried to argue with me tell me it wasnt... lo and behold I get the new one and test it for a week... guess what... PROBLEMS GONE... eat shit Sprint Airave department...

Pictures tomorrow when my camera returns with the memory card containing those pictures... Q_Q
Old 04-12-2010, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I just looked up the VZW wireless network extender, that's the same airrave I've got, didn't know what VZW's looked like. I love mine, I can be in the neighbors yard and still have a great signal to it, I went from no service in my basement office to 5 bars. Only problem is you can't get home weather when locked onto that, I always get NY or NJ because of the internet connection.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

weird i just upgraded my airave like 2 months ago for free from first model to second. my bill still shows the -4.99 credit as airave. wtf the plus come from...lol

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 04-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

as it should be known... im lazy... its got my original First Generation Airave and the new (and what I call) Second generation Airave Plus)... Im no expert with a camera... hell i had to borrow one... so sorry for the multiple shots and some of them most would consider useless, none-the-less, there they are

heres my MediaFire folder with the Airave pics... look and let me know (on further examination it looks like a HDMI but it might not be... i cant tell as i normally deal with DVI only on my setups)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8...e38d13f15c3e80

Last edited by Kane3162; 04-12-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here is a link to the Samsung site, I just searched the model # from one of your pics. Looks like the one I got a little over a year ago...for free, no monthly charges either.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thats the first generation Airave, I had pics of that included, the second generation is the last of the pics i took, and searching for it still shows the older first gen model... samsung and sprint are keeping this really off the wall, but its no EvDo Q_Q

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion