PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

perkins133 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Family Plan + 1 Line Data?

I just saw the Evo and can't wait to switch back to Sprint for it. BUT I won't be if Sprint keeps their pricing structure how it is. I need a family plan - 4 lines, 1 of which will be for this Evo and the rest of which will be dumbphones. Is there any way to get on a plan that won't charge those dumbphones for data?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:51 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Family Plan + 1 Line Data?

depending on which family plan you decide to get, you can add on what you need on the EVO and then specify if that will apply to all the phones or not. i just tested this on their website picking just the family talk plan (cheapest).

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
depending on which family plan you decide to get, you can add on what you need on the EVO and then specify if that will apply to all the phones or not. i just tested this on their website picking just the family talk plan (cheapest).
where are you given the option to add the data for 1 line? i'm not seeing it.

i also used the live chat to ask a rep, and she said i'd have to get on the everything data plan even though only 1 phone would be using data
Old 03-24-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what i did was got on their website> Plans> Family plans. I picked the cheapest at the bottom chose 4 lines and "select". it brought me to a screen called "Set Up Your Plan". that screen is supposedly be able to let you tweak services for each lines. but again...this is the cheapest family plan if you're gonna use dumbphones.

but since you're planning on getting the EVO, sprint will not let you activate it unless it's the everything data plan. which will cost you $170 for the plan with four lines. may be less if you use a corporate discount.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

It doesn't make any sense. If I can have 1 line with data on verizon, I don't see what Sprint is thinking. It's no wonder that they're struggling given some of the boneheaded decisions I've seen them make
Old 03-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

Dacdac is a n00b

Sprint came out months ago with the types of phones that wil require certain plans. All Android phones was one of the types. Dont think they will budge unless they require a specific plan for 4G (which is unlikely).
Old 03-30-2010, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero, was Sprint Touch (HTC)

VulcanGrey is just getting started

I had the same problem when I won a Hero.

I had to change from a family plan with data on one phone to a data everything plan just for the Hero and the other phones on a basic talk plan.

Actually ended up paying the same amount each month.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:47 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You are able to do what you're wanting

Either take your time with it on their website or stop by RadioShack or Best Buy to ask them there.. I'd stay away from a Corporate Owned Sprint store or from their customer service on the phone

Just tell them exactly what you want
3 lines just TALK
1 line with Everything Data (make sure you let them know which Everything plan you want because there are a few, Simply Everything is 99.99 a month where as Everything Data is 69.99 a month this doesn't include unlimited anytime talk... it does include Any Mobile Any Time though, which means the minutes you use calling ANY cell phone doesn't count against your anytime minutes... what does count against your anytime minutes are calls to land lines)

My girlfriend has two lines on her account, one is Simply Everything and the other is the Basic plan, which is only talk for her grandmother
Old 04-10-2010, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Elephant is right. As for putting all the lines on one plan, you're gonna have to go with data on everything, but seriously, take the time to map out pricing if you kept the Evo line seperate, and did the rest on a family. Then map out what it'd be if you put everything on the same plan, all having data. Then map out the price of what it would be if you moved to Verizon. That's probably the only way you'll get a straight answer....I would know. I used to sale all the plans, and retailers will try to get you the most addons, even if it costs you money....they get paid more if it goes down that way. Just don't walk into a store naive or you'll get bombarded.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion