PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If Sprint and Verizon carried iPhone, will you switch?
Yeah Baby, I'll sell out to the darkside and I love it! 25 26.32%
No, Hell no! 70 73.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 09:20 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If Sprint & VZW had iPhone, will you switch?

Nope! Plus it would never be SERO eligible anyway!

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
i gotta agree with this....

but my money is on WebOS.... kinda dissapointed that the Pre Plus went tro VZW
Now that's funny. This is the one platform that I expect to not just wean but completely die. Android has already crushed WebOS in terms of user interest. WebOS is not even a year old and interest in it has already dropped by 50%. That's a bad sign.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
If Sprint and VZW had iPhone, how many of you guys will switch? I know I’ll switch the same day without thinking twice. Its miles ahead of WinMo in every way, I’m starting to miss mines. Damn ATT.
Go from my TP2, which is arguably the greatest phone with a keyboard in the world, and WM, which is hands down the most configurable mobile OS in the world, to the crappy locked down, no real development (fart apps don't count), bad battery life, no removable battery, no handwriting recognition, i(suck)Phone?

No, I don't think so.

PS. I what (if any) way is the iPhone ahead of WM?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Yes I would switch if I could keep SERO. Without SERO I probably would too because Sprint is the cheapest CDMA service.

Yes I owned a iPhone and returned it because it was a horrible phone for nearly 3x the monthly fee I was paying.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Wanna know why the Iphone sucks is many ways?

1. Non Removeable battery
2. If you brake your Iphone, you don't have the choice of insurance, you have to buy a brand new one...$300 later or more.
3. Limited to GSM networks...no CDMA...
4. The screen is .1 inches smaller than the TP2...
5. It's made by Apple, and is exclusive only to At&t...bad move on Apple's part.
6. 12-24hrs to activate on Itunes, Winmo 30seconds to 1min...hmmm...(When phones were first released)
7. No physical keyboard...on screen blows when you have fat fingers.

I could do a laundry list....but It would offend the Apple Fanboys in this forum...

Oh, I almost forgot...how long did it take apple to implement MMS messaging...Winmo has had that for years...Sorry Apple...just a wee bit behind....and the network your on blows chunks...GSM is horrible compared to CMDA...quality wise....Whats your thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
This thread is just another disguise for those tired "which is better iphone or winmo" threads.

It only took maybe 2-3 posts before it degenerated into that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
I have an ipod touch which, as you all know, is essentially an iphone that doesn't make calls. While I have to admit that the whole interface is smoother and the web browser is a little better than our Opera, I still won't buy an iphone.

Why? Because you can't customize worth jack. You are COMPLETELY locked in with what Apple gives you. Not so with WinMo. Don't like the virtual keyboard popping up all the time? Boom, regedit to kill it. Don't like the stock taskbar? Install one of the many floating around in this forum alone... the list goes on and on...

Point is, WinMo is COMPLETELY customizable. The iphone is not. Even when jailbroken, you can barely do a third of what WinMo allows you to do right out of the box.

That being said, some people like how the iphone is just clean and easy to use (why do you think half of all iphone users are teenage girls ). They're not the type of people (like us here) that like to tweak and hack and customize until our heart is content. For them the iphone works perfectly and I'm happy they found a phone they like. But I prefer a level of customization that the iphone just simply doesn't offer
+1 on all....

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I might go play with one in the store, but that'd be the extent of it.

The iPhone is the new sidekick. Huge hype, huge following, but still just a fancy toy for hipsters.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

No way Jose'
Old 01-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

The iphone is not a smartphone..why would this even be discussed here. Besides, with all the lockouts that apple has, its not even worth the headache. Yes it can be jailbroken but the OS isn't all that great.

Give some
Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

ginuwine1981 is a n00b

No i wouldnt switch..winmo is sooo much better...iphone is overrated!!!=D>
Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Goreala is becoming a great contributor

Had a couple Ipods when they first came out mac software on a windows computer played all kinds of hell with my music files, order and such. No apple stuff for me, but microsoft has its downfalls as well. just look at the xbox 360 RROD. IMO

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion