View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 10:31 PM
marinemissez
PPCGeeks Regular

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If Sprint & VZW had iPhone, will you switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Wanna know why the Iphone sucks is many ways?

1. Non Removeable battery
2. If you brake your Iphone, you don't have the choice of insurance, you have to buy a brand new one...$300 later or more.
3. Limited to GSM networks...no CDMA...
4. The screen is .1 inches smaller than the TP2...
5. It's made by Apple, and is exclusive only to At&t...bad move on Apple's part.
6. 12-24hrs to activate on Itunes, Winmo 30seconds to 1min...hmmm...(When phones were first released)
7. No physical keyboard...on screen blows when you have fat fingers.

I could do a laundry list....but It would offend the Apple Fanboys in this forum...

Oh, I almost forgot...how long did it take apple to implement MMS messaging...Winmo has had that for years...Sorry Apple...just a wee bit behind....and the network your on blows chunks...GSM is horrible compared to CMDA...quality wise....Whats your thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
This thread is just another disguise for those tired "which is better iphone or winmo" threads.

It only took maybe 2-3 posts before it degenerated into that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
I have an ipod touch which, as you all know, is essentially an iphone that doesn't make calls. While I have to admit that the whole interface is smoother and the web browser is a little better than our Opera, I still won't buy an iphone.

Why? Because you can't customize worth jack. You are COMPLETELY locked in with what Apple gives you. Not so with WinMo. Don't like the virtual keyboard popping up all the time? Boom, regedit to kill it. Don't like the stock taskbar? Install one of the many floating around in this forum alone... the list goes on and on...

Point is, WinMo is COMPLETELY customizable. The iphone is not. Even when jailbroken, you can barely do a third of what WinMo allows you to do right out of the box.

That being said, some people like how the iphone is just clean and easy to use (why do you think half of all iphone users are teenage girls ). They're not the type of people (like us here) that like to tweak and hack and customize until our heart is content. For them the iphone works perfectly and I'm happy they found a phone they like. But I prefer a level of customization that the iphone just simply doesn't offer
+1 on all....

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!