PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: If Sprint and Verizon carried iPhone, will you switch?
Yeah Baby, I'll sell out to the darkside and I love it! 25 26.32%
No, Hell no! 70 73.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 07:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If Sprint & VZW had iPhone, will you switch?

I really think Apple missed the boat by going with the awful ATT service (& it IS awful).

It seems like every 3rd person who walks by now has an iphone anyway, can you imagine how many iphones would be out there if you could get one on Verizon??

I have a 2nd gen ipod touch & I absolutely love the thing. Doing simple things like a google search is so much faster/easier on the ipod than the TP2 there is no comparison...I can complete a google search on the ipod while the TP2 is still trying to open Opera.

That being said, would I switch to an iphone as my main phone?? Absolutely not, I love the way you can customize a WM phone although you can do most of the same stuff on a jailbroken iphone.

Although I would not make that switch, I would absolutely have an iphone on a 2nd line on my VZ corporate account. I would love to have both options available.

~John
Old 01-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have the same basic setup...2nd gen iPod Touch and my WinMo Phone...

I don't want to get locked in to this is how you will interact with "your" device...with Apple. I have my iPod jailbroken just because I can...

With Opera10 (the beta) it actually opens up pretty fast...so searching on google is not so slow...esp if you search directly from the internet tab...but anyway..

I won't get an iPhone just for the simple fact that I can do so much more with my Windows phone. PLUS, I know that not everyone and their MOM have the same device as I do. AND if they do...I know that they don't have the ROM that I have...

Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE / Stock ICS 4.0.3
Carrier: The Now Network

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work

Nays, wouldn't even think twice about switching

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
"Hey did anyone hear about release of the Windows Mobile 6.5 update
for the Touch Pro 2 coming out tomorrow??!!
I just read at the top of this thread and wanted to share it with everyone"
Old 01-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

What Apple did with the iPhone was actually quite genius. They made a phone and by the very design of it can 100% guarantee what the user experience will be like, which is why they have made such a big deal about jailbreaking; it removes this control. While I agree that the iPhone is very smooth (I had and used one, I actually still own it), it is not without its consequences, and I'd hardly say it kills WM in every area.

The iPhone with its single-tasking functionality can essentially guarantee that the phone will not get bogged down by running too many processes. Sure the phone is pretty fast, my TP2 is pretty fast when I am only doing one thing at a time as well. However, I often do a few things at a time, and at those times it is nice to have the option to go back and forth. While there are workarounds to the no multitasking issue, such as backgrounder + proswitcher (palm pre style multitasking), you'll notice that the performance and smoothness of the device begins to suffer. Suddenly, its not so snappy, and doesn't even reliably keep programs running in the background. Hence the genius of Apple, cripple the device to guarantee a performance standard.

While there is more that I love and hate about the iPhone, I will not go into detail but I will say that should Sprint get an iPhone it would not likely become my primary device.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:35 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
iphone...miles ahead of Winmo dude, how is that? maybe in graphics, scrolling and likes.... come to apps and functionality Winmo unit can do what iphone doesnt even come close to... And you guessed it, no switching here anytime to Iphone. Phuk that And yes, i let my TP hump the iphone few times
Im no iphone fan... but you CANT be serious about the apps part
Old 01-14-2010, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Im no iphone fan... but you CANT be serious about the apps part
+1. I'll probably never switch but I have to agree about the apps part. There is NO way that apps is an iphone negative.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

I HATE everything about the iphone. I would NEVER even consider getting one!

Old 01-14-2010, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
I HATE everything about the iphone. I would NEVER even consider getting one!
tell us how your really feel about the iphone... lol!

seriously, why all the hate? I don't think there is another device on the planet that evokes so much emotion.

People, get a grip. It's just a device... an electronic gadget.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO!

class1c is just getting started

two words : "H3ll NO!" i acually enjoy looking up new and improved sys, roms, programs. you cant really do that with an iphone. You get what u buy out of the box. No fun in that.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

ABSOLUTELY!!!......not.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion