View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 08:25 PM
mlin
Just call me Dr. Doctor

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If Sprint & VZW had iPhone, will you switch?

What Apple did with the iPhone was actually quite genius. They made a phone and by the very design of it can 100% guarantee what the user experience will be like, which is why they have made such a big deal about jailbreaking; it removes this control. While I agree that the iPhone is very smooth (I had and used one, I actually still own it), it is not without its consequences, and I'd hardly say it kills WM in every area.

The iPhone with its single-tasking functionality can essentially guarantee that the phone will not get bogged down by running too many processes. Sure the phone is pretty fast, my TP2 is pretty fast when I am only doing one thing at a time as well. However, I often do a few things at a time, and at those times it is nice to have the option to go back and forth. While there are workarounds to the no multitasking issue, such as backgrounder + proswitcher (palm pre style multitasking), you'll notice that the performance and smoothness of the device begins to suffer. Suddenly, its not so snappy, and doesn't even reliably keep programs running in the background. Hence the genius of Apple, cripple the device to guarantee a performance standard.

While there is more that I love and hate about the iPhone, I will not go into detail but I will say that should Sprint get an iPhone it would not likely become my primary device.