PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: whose with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
np..

my ongoing beef with salty..

lol i tol dhime off contract ya t-mobile is cheaper he won..

On contract sprint is cheaper..monthly that is. dont care bout the cost of the phone.. txes, fees etc.. just the monthly plan cost.. and i win.lol
Why would you choose no contract vs contract? That's SO attractive! It might seem like the same thing with the early termination fee vs the original phone cost, but if you can split it up with many payments, you hardly even notice the purchase! Then you can leave whenever you want without a penalty that, with many carriers, seems to increase every year!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
blah, blah, blah, a bunch of misreprestented stuff, bad comparisons, and flat out incorrect data.
First off, the phones on the T-Mobile plan you posted are several hundred dollars cheaper than the comparable phones on that Sprint plan. Over the life of the contract, that adds up.

I already posted- a Hero on Sprint's Simply Everything costs over $100 more than a MyTouch3G on T-Mobile's unlimited talk, text, and web. And the monthly fees are the same.

Oh, but now you suddenly don't care about the cost of the phone, lol. Well if you don't care about the cost of the phone then get an Even More Plus plan, and it's significantly cheaper than Sprint's. A Hero on an Even More Plus plan on T-Mobile with unlimited talk, text, and web, is $79.99 per month. That's a full $20 per month cheaper than a Hero on Sprint's Simply Everything plan.

It's a fact man, T-Mobile's advertised plans are cheaper. This isn't even debatable and it's hillarious watching you try.

Again, just so you don't miss this- on contract was the same price per month, with T-Mobile having the significantly cheaper phone. You then said you don't care about the phone cost, so I am now reminding you how much cheaper T-Mobile is for people that don't care about about the phone cost (and without a contract).

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 01-12-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Definitely not me. I have recently shopped around for different plans on different carriers and Sprint CANNOT be beat on their prices.
Crickett and/or Clear Talk have prices the stomp Sprint, they're both CDMA too.

Just to put my two cents in... I'll pick CDMA over GSM any time any day.
I've been with Sprint for about 8 years, they don't even have 3G in my area, I think they're going straight to 4G (will my TP2 pick up 4G?). Other than some of the month to month providers here, Sprint cannot be beat, we have Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.

Bottom line, I'll stay with Sprint even if they don't have 3G because of price and CDMA clarity... I'll wait for 3/4G
Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Banned User

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Just did some research on that. Cricket customers get REEMED with a FIST DILDO on roaming.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Fair enough, I always forget about Cricket. They have had junk coverage outside of the Denver Metro Area in Colorado that I don't even consider them... I'm not sure what their coverage is like now, but in the past I know that their coverage wasn't worth anymore than what they were charging.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Fair enough, I always forget about Cricket. They have had junk coverage outside of the Denver Metro Area in Colorado that I don't even consider them... I'm not sure what their coverage is like now, but in the past I know that their coverage wasn't worth anymore than what they were charging.
Their metro coverage is good (it's actually better 3G coverage in Rochester than T-Mobile, that's for sure), but they only have 2 plans with roaming minutes included (the most expensive/extensive plans) and once you're outside that coverage zone, you're going to have holes in those pockets.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

lol whatever..salty

when i first started this.. i was comparing on contract pricing..plans. basicly smartphones

i provided the fact. for on contract going by the plans i had on t-mobile. and sprint..

i already said may many time. yes of contract t-mobile is cheaper..lol

on contract its a diff story.. but u come back with this combo and that combo which is not even what im comparing or even care bout,lol

my current plan vs the plan i had with t-mobile.. both on contract. and i dont cre bout phone pricing cause i didnt pay anything for my tp2's on t-mobile. and i didnt pay anything for my tours and hero on sprint.. therefor. if u compare like i just did sprint is cheaper..

and why do i want on contract. well at the time. with say t-mobile i got 2 free tp2's for on contract... and sprint well u know that one..

so u can compare this combo and and that one. but doesnt matter cause in my original post i compared the above etc..

now with that being said..... I do prefer cdma too for call quality being way better.. when i was with t-mobile calls were not a clear etc......
Old 01-12-2010, 11:07 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Just did some research on that. Cricket customers get REEMED with a FIST DILDO on roaming.
I hardly ever go outside my area, roaming wouldn't apply to me. Cricket isn't even my area! Clear Talk is in my area and they too charge extra if you go out of your calling area... again, I hardly leave town.

Quote:
With the research I've done, these providers are CDMA and have coverage everywhere Sprint would have coverage (they might even be using Sprint towers) again the roam/out-of-calling area would be the draw back about using these providers

I'll stick with Sprint, just hope to never have to call customer service!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

darkjje is becoming a great contributor

T-Mobile ON contract:
MyTouch3G on Even More (on contract) unlimited talk, text, and web:

Total due today*
$149.99
Total due monthly**
$99.99
One time activation fee†
$35.00

((99.99*24)+149.99+35)/24

2 Year Monthly Average: $107.70

Sprint Hero on Simply Everything Plan:

Total one time charges: $279.99
Total monthly fees: $99.99
Mail in Rebate: $100.00

((99.99*24)+279.99-100)/24

2 Year Monthly Average: $107.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
No you're not, lol.

Dude, just to shut you up...
T-Mobile ON contract:
MyTouch3G on Even More (on contract) unlimited talk, text, and web:
Total one time charges: $149.99
Total due monthly: $99.99
One time activation fee: $35.00

Sprint Hero on Simply Everything Plan:
Total one time charges: $279.99
Total monthly fees: $99.99

Significantly cheaper on T-Mobile, phone and all.
Quote:
T-Mobile Even More Plus 1500 unlimited text and web, with a MyTouch 3G(x2) (comparable to Hero):
Total due today
$799.98
Total due monthly
$119.99
One time activation fee
$70.00
Mail in rebate
$0.00

Total for a 2 year time frame : $3749.74
((119.99*24)+799.98+70)/24
Monthly Average : $156.24

Sprint Everything Data 1500 with Hero(x2):
Total due today
$559.98
Total due monthly
$129.99
One time activation fee
$0.00
Mail in rebate
$200.00

Total for a 2 year time frame : $3479.74
((129.99*24)+559.98-200)/24
Monthly Average : $144.99
Sero 500

Last edited by darkjje; 01-13-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

lol hes gonna come back and say your math is incorrect..

I gave up..

I know what works for me.. but not a sprint fanboy..I would take t-mobile back if they had coverage where i live..but they dont so im back with sprint and saving money vs t-mobile..however u look at it. with this combo or that..im not a ave joe. so im the exception to the rule..lol

salty it was fun debating with ya.. i give up..lol

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion