PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 02:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
whose with me?

Anyone thinking if sprint doesnt make any big annoucements in the next few days they will take advantage of the fee increase and jump ship? I mean they have no innovation nothing lackluster all boring like thier 3g/4g device I am seriously thinking about verzion I got a quote from them only like 30 bucks a month to move my 5 lines over (3 of which are smart phones).
Old 01-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: whose with me?

What rate increase?!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:47 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i think(i might be wrong) sprint is charging $5 if your account is on a spending limit or has been late in the past year. i know i read that somewhere, hope i'm right. 1st time in a long time that i was late on my bill last month, just found out i was hit with a $35 late fee. guess who's calling *2 in the morning!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I'm happy with Sprint.
Good Luck with Verizon!!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sprint FTW.

Everyone is complaining that Sprint didn't announce a new device, and HTC is going to be getting the HD2. Fantastic. The HD2 (which isn't out) will be a killer phone...if you can get T-Mobile 3g on it, that is.

Bottom line, until the HTC HD2 comes out, the TP2 is still about the best equipped handset on the market. Sprint isn't the only company lagging in the smartphone game. Verizon doesn't have anything appealing outside of Droid and adding the Palm line doesn't do it for most of us. AT&T still doesn't even have an Android device, their top of the line: TP2 or iPhone 3gs. T-Mobile has a TP2 as well, which again, is their top of the line device.

No carrier is really doing much to impress any of us right now. So, jump ship to whatever carrier floats your boat. But chances are good you'll either be dealing with crappy 3g coverage w/ T-Mo, or paying $200+ more/yr for Verizon or AT&T.

Who's to say that once you get on a different carrier's network, you won't be singing the same tune about not getting new devices a year from now?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well said. That's why I'm jumping the first chance I get, to Sprint that is. I'm gonna be getting a 23% Kroger discount too.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

knilob is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to knilob Send a message via MSN to knilob Send a message via Yahoo to knilob Send a message via Skype™ to knilob

You should be able to have your contract marked as fulfilled because of the rate change. Getting your contract marked as fulfilled puts you on a month-to-month plan. This should buy you some time to decide on a new carrier/phone offering.

Just FYI, there are currently two outs: a regulatory fee increase, and the $4.99 fee for accounts with a spending limit.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Relax guys,

I just got an e-mail from Sprint announcing the LG Lotus Elite. All is well now, right?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

who's
Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Sprint FTW.

Everyone is complaining that Sprint didn't announce a new device, and HTC is going to be getting the HD2. Fantastic. The HD2 (which isn't out) will be a killer phone...if you can get T-Mobile 3g on it, that is.

Bottom line, until the HTC HD2 comes out, the TP2 is still about the best equipped handset on the market. Sprint isn't the only company lagging in the smartphone game. Verizon doesn't have anything appealing outside of Droid and adding the Palm line doesn't do it for most of us. AT&T still doesn't even have an Android device, their top of the line: TP2 or iPhone 3gs. T-Mobile has a TP2 as well, which again, is their top of the line device.

No carrier is really doing much to impress any of us right now. So, jump ship to whatever carrier floats your boat. But chances are good you'll either be dealing with crappy 3g coverage w/ T-Mo, or paying $200+ more/yr for Verizon or AT&T.

Who's to say that once you get on a different carrier's network, you won't be singing the same tune about not getting new devices a year from now?
Totally false. T-mobile has 3G just about everywhere Sprint does these days. The days of them lacking are in the past. T-Mobile has been upgrading their network for the past few years now.

As for phones, AT&T just announced a bunch of Android devices, as well as 2 Palm devices. They also have the Pure (Diamond 2) and that LG projector phone. You're crazy to say they don't have better phones than Sprint right now.

Verizon also announced the 2 Palm devices, and they have the Imagio (Diamond 2). They also have the Droid and Storm 2.

Sprint is behind just about everyone these days when it comes to smartphones.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion