PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation T-Mobile HSPA 7.2mbps peak downloads

T-Mobile upgraded their 3G to HSPA story here.. I was wondering if anyone using T-Mobile has experienced the speed increase and by how much. I'm thinking of getting the HD2 when it comes out but need some feedback on the data speed before I switch from Sprint.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:56 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: T-Mobile HSPA 7.2mbps peak downloads

i came in here looking for feedback as well
Old 01-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

HSPA is awesome. When in Europe, I saw high peak speeds, but actual averages were 2.5-4mbps.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Threadstarter

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

2.5 to 4mbps is more than twice what I get right now. I couldn't dream of what opera mini could do on a snapdragon processor and 3mbps download speeds. ohhhhhh
Old 01-06-2010, 05:05 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
HSPA is awesome. When in Europe, I saw high peak speeds, but actual averages were 2.5-4mbps.
That's twice to four times as fast as EVDO averages.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

but then there is wimax.lol cant wait for that to trickle down to handset on sprint...
Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
but then there is wimax.lol cant wait for that to trickle down to handset on sprint...
By the time Sprint gets it's first Wimax phone, T-Mobile will have launched their 21 meg HSPA+. They will ahve that in more places, faster, than Sprint has Wimax. And they already have a bunch of phones that support it (and are fully backwards compatible with their current 3G).
And then they will start launching LTE...

I'm not going to jump the gun and buy a phone I don't want just because it's newer than the one I have. But if T-Mobile had a Touch Pro 3, or an HD2 with a keyboard and tilting screen, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

That was in Europe. T-Mobile is in the same boat as At&t is with HSPA. They upgraded all their software on their cell sites, but they're still working on getting the backhaul to those sites.

I usually get 1.5-2mb down on At&t (who also just upgraded to the 7.2mbps).

So really, the only time you would see the higher speeds is if you're in an area that has very little usage on that site when you're trying to use it, otherwise you'll max out at the 3.2mbps and you'll be lucky if you see that.

With that said, both At&t and T-Mobile have said they are going to spend quite a bit of money to improve the backhaul this year, so things should continue to get better.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
That was in Europe. T-Mobile is in the same boat as At&t is with HSPA. They upgraded all their software on their cell sites, but they're still working on getting the backhaul to those sites.

So really, the only time you would see the higher speeds is if you're in an area that has very little usage on that site when you're trying to use it, otherwise you'll max out at the 3.2mbps and you'll be lucky if you see that.

With that said, both At&t and T-Mobile have said they are going to spend quite a bit of money to improve the backhaul this year, so things should continue to get better.
Well averaging 1.5-2MB is better than anyone is averaging on Sprint right now.

And note everyone- this is on AT&T- the network everyone has been ripping lately.

T-Mobile has the exact same technology, and a lot less network congestion. And they are in the process of tripling their data speeds- they say the network upgrade to 21 meg HSPA+ will be done mid 2010...
Old 01-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

exactly bout what I get on sprint.. and all depends on the location...

being 13 miles in the country..and having a tower 2 to 3 miles from my house helps..

on a good day i get 1.5 to 1.8 dl.. and 600 to 900 upload.. ping bout 100 to 120 to a server 30 miles away.. the thing is.. your on a cellphone. unless your streaming hd video or 320kb audio do u really need 2.5 to 4mbps just to surf on your 3.2 inch screen in opera? lol now tethering i can understand the diff.. but on a cellphone!!!! what your getting with sprint works just fine.. att 3g in kaufman..( in town that is ) runs bout 600 to 1 meg dl.. on my bro in laws iphone... who happens to work for att in upper management.. we compare and he is like man must be nice.. but he says in dallas he gets bout what i get at my house...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion