PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

markdb77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
More SERO B.S.

I have had 2 fully loaded Sprint SERO $30 plans (w/ TEP) for years. I have had my phones replaced at least a dozen times in the past for various issues, simply by going to a sprint repair center. They take the phone, I come back in an hour, and they give me a new or refurbished phone. If the problem is not water or physical damage, it is covered by the ESRP portion of the TEP and warrants a replacement if they cannot fix it. I have even had them replace a Treo 755p with a shattered screen, obviously dropped, yet they handled it in-store without involving Assurion Insurance ($100 fee).

I called customer service a few weeks ago to get notes put on my account that my Touch Diamond was malfunctioning and I wanted a replacement. They CS agent told me that a replacement was NO problem and I could walk into a store and get an exchange. He said he notated my account. I go into a retail store today and explain my situation. The rep says "Oh, you have an employee account, I can't look up the notes on your account. We can't do anything with this account. I could get fired. I shouldn't have even opened it at all."

They did do an e-ticket on the phone, and issued a replacement.

Still, this is the first time a rep told me my account COULD NOT BE OPENED. I do realize if you call sprint 10 times, they will tell you 10 different things and hopefully this is just the discretion of this particular rep and not more phasing out of SERO support.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: More SERO B.S.

I'm sure this is just a misinformed rep. SERO stood for Sprint Employee Referral Offer, it's not an employee account.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 12-18-2009, 02:21 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Well it is now considered an employee plan and its up to the store manager if he wants his employees opening emlpoyee accounts. One of my local sprint stores wont and the other will. Go figure.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

markdb77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
Well it is now considered an employee plan and its up to the store manager if he wants his employees opening emlpoyee accounts. One of my local sprint stores wont and the other will. Go figure.
Thanks for the info.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mjstallion is becoming a great contributor

Yeah when I call *2 I'm immediately forwarded to the Employee accounts department now.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Katana
Carrier: Sprint

-Sin- is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to -Sin-

dang, props for the tight info

i'm a new sprint customer, and this is good news
Old 12-22-2009, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Exclamation For the misinformed..

SERO is no longer, as it used to be "Sprint Employee Referral Offer".

It is now a totally different offer and now stands for "Separating Employee Retention Offer" (SERO) and the note says "This special offer is only available to separating employees and their Advantage Club subscribers".

Replacement offer to the OLD SERO is called "Everything Plus Referral Offer".

Refer to this http://www.fatwallet.com/attachments..._sprintbis.pdf for clarification of what differers in these plans.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Vogue

ahbroody is a n00b

I dont get why you got so worked up over this.
They replaced the phone. You make it sound as though it was some huge ordeal by the title. Come on guys we are getting an amazing deal with this plan. Occassionaly when you are saving hundreds of dollars a year things may require an extra step.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion