PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Carloscda39 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BlackBerry Tour 9630

For those that have this what are your thoughts?

Right now I'm on an old HTC Touch so I know I'm behind the times!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: BlackBerry Tour 9630

Ive heard nothing but good things bout it.. having a touch is not behind times unless u think bout newer phones that come out. think bout it your touch can pretty much do anything the newer phones can do..I loved my touch. would still be using it if it didnt break.lol so now im sticking with my diamond til march of next year when my 2 years are up.. prolly will get a tour or diamond2 or touch pro 2.. who knows but my diamond suits me fine.. if i get bored i just cook up a new rom or change my theme.lol

anyway my point is if your happy with the touch stay with it. but if your wanting the tour go for it. just remember apples and oranges.lol
Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

stevenxjessica is a n00b

i had the ancient brick of a phone mogul on sprint and god that was crappy and i tried holding out until i saw the price of the tp2 and the price was outragous. i ended up getting the tour and i have to say its probably the best phone sprint has to date until the tp2 can finally come down off its high price. there's always the htc hero and even the diamond 2 eventually makes it way out
Old 09-16-2009, 03:59 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I have the tour also. After the first two I got one with a good trackball. Its simple and nice looking. Screen is bright,even if the brightness is turned down. Now that I have my tp2 I dont use it as much.Probably will sell it soon cause its not getting used like it should.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

Carloscda39 is a n00b

Does not having a touch screen make a difference?
Old 09-17-2009, 01:48 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

To me it makes a big difference. With a bb you have to scroll around to get to most everything. Using a touch screen is quicker.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I had a treo 700wx touch screen, then the Diamond... loved them both.. but I love my Tour more... I love having the keyboard back, I do miss the simplicity of the touch screen and I miss WM when I want some fun games etc.. but the BB is smooth and now I'm making my own themes I'm finding it satisfactory in the customizing... still strange to not be able to see all my files, registry etc... Also, if you go with a Tour be sure to get one made after 8/02/09 those are said to be trackball issue free... though I'll count my lucky stars I really don't have any problems with my 7-14 build date... XXXXX fingers!

BrennB
Old 09-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

It allways broils down to personal choice. I had a few wm phone from the diamond, touch pro I, palm pro even the palm pre. I had an blackberry world 8830 because for a short period of time. It was a good experience, but this blackberry tour is something totally different. My BB tour operates like it has a HEMI under the hood. Im messaging like a mad man. Its not the best web browsing phone, but once install opera mini 4.2 its good. But as far multitasking messaging around business and personal needs. Im talking about work files, baby pictures etc, its nothing like it between the push technology and processor. Mann.!! Physical build, RIM OS 4.7 and the official release of RIM OS 5.0 before the end of the year.Mann..!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Once you go Blackberry you will be hooked
Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

vst_ace is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
I have the tour also. After the first two I got one with a good trackball. Its simple and nice looking. Screen is bright,even if the brightness is turned down. Now that I have my tp2 I dont use it as much.Probably will sell it soon cause its not getting used like it should.
I noticed that I may be able to replace my Touch Pro 1, with either a TP2 or the BB tour. I'm kinda unhappy about HTC's cameras, and their lack of proper graphic drivers/software.

Do you think the Tour's video/camera is better than the TP2's?

Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry