PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 12:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kf4qhk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Xdandroid randomly powers off/freezes up and loses everything

Hey guys,

I have had this issue with my TP2 running XD android. It occasionally will power off, or, go to a black screen where it's not off, nor on. I can call it and it will ring and ring from the calling side, but, never ring on the phone. I have to pull the battery out. (Had to do that several times.)

Now a new problem has happened - it's lost all of my contacts/call history/text history. Also, apps that I have downloaded before all there, but, I get exception errors when I try to load them. This happened last week, and then, it happened again this week.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Also - I screwed MMS up. Somehow, on the WinMo side of things, I messed up the texting option - the icon is there, but, it won't text. So now on the Android side, it won't send MMS and takes a while to receive one.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jeremy
Old 12-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: My Xdandroid randomly powers off/freezes up and loses everything

Well if you have issues in WinMo with something like MMS/SMS, it certainly might bleed over to Android.

We've been finding the different radio versions might be screwing with people, so I'd recommend updating to 2.37 VZ radio - even if you're on Sprint. See the last post of the radio firmware thread.

As for your other issues, sounds like classic data.img corruption from... improper/sudden shutdowns. Surprise.

Make sure you're updated, and you might need to rename your data.img and let it create a new one. There's ways to attempt to save a busted data.img, but they're not always completely successful. fixpermissions.sh from Cyanogen is one way that you can attempt to fix, but yea... Probably better off pillaging and starting over. Titanium Backup helps for app/data backups. I don't think it does call history.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:44 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

kf4qhk is a n00b

How do I do all of that? I tried to find a firmware post about 2.7, and can't find it.

I am sorry - I don't know that much about this stuff. Anyone near me in Alabama that can sit down and "learn me" on how to do it?

Jeremy
Old 12-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4qhk View Post
How do I do all of that? I tried to find a firmware post about 2.7, and can't find it.

I am sorry - I don't know that much about this stuff. Anyone near me in Alabama that can sit down and "learn me" on how to do it?

Jeremy
Well I would just link you to the 2.37 radio, but you probably wouldn't know what to do with it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...-included.html

Start with that thread, the last post is mine and links to the 2.37 radio.

As for the other stuff, are you having an issue finding the data.img file...? It's wherever you run haret.exe from.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

kf4qhk is a n00b

What exactly do I do? I have downloaded the file (Radio 2.37.) What do I do from here?

Jeremy
Old 12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
What exactly do I do? I have downloaded the file (Radio 2.37.) What do I do from here?

Jeremy
Flash it just like a WinMo ROM. Either thru the SD or RUU.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

kf4qhk is a n00b

I beg forgiveness. Flash? SD? RUU? I don't know what that is.

I am one of those "non-experienced" hackers.

Jeremy
Old 12-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I beg forgiveness. Flash? SD? RUU? I don't know what that is.

I am one of those "non-experienced" hackers.

Jeremy
Then you're not a hacker .

At any rate, if you've ever flashed a WinMo ROM, the process is identical.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

kf4qhk is a n00b

How do I flash a WinMO Rom?

Jeremy
Old 12-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
How do I flash a WinMO Rom?

Jeremy
Did you bother looking?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...2-sd-card.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2