PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 12:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mzel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Extremely slow initial build

hi all. Excuse me my noob question. I am trying to instal xdandroid 7.1 for very first time. I followed the instructions and it looked fine first. However the stage of the data.img build where it traces the linux commands in white on black which supposed to take 1-2 min is already going on for an hour and is still not finished.
I am suspecting the sd card is slow, but this slow?
What else can it be?
thanks
Old 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Extremely slow initial build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzel View Post
hi all. Excuse me my noob question. I am trying to instal xdandroid 7.1 for very first time. I followed the instructions and it looked fine first. However the stage of the data.img build where it traces the linux commands in white on black which supposed to take 1-2 min is already going on for an hour and is still not finished.
I am suspecting the sd card is slow, but this slow?
What else can it be?
thanks
Anything beyond 10 minutes is bad.

Common pitfalls are forgetting ts-calibration (manual or downloaded versions) and forgetting rel_path= if the build is not placed at the root of the SD card (within any folders).

Check these things - if neither of those apply, try to read what's on the screen and perhaps we can try to decipher what's going on.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

mzel is a n00b

Thanks for your help. After 2 hours I soft reset it and started all over including HP tool format. This time it literally took 2min. I guess I should have done it earlier, as I had soft reset it in the middle the other time to fix a typo in startup.txt.
This time it went to Android screen, but showed right after start:
"Sorry!

The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.

[Force close]"

On the second boot this did not show up.

Last edited by mzel; 10-27-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:30 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

mzel is a n00b

No, something is still wrong. I went to android twice, and twice it crashed in the browser trying to open Google home page half the way through opening it.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
No, something is still wrong. I went to android twice, and twice it crashed in the browser trying to open Google home page half the way through opening it.
Did you actually let the phone boot, or are you trying to open 15,000 apps immediately?!?

Keep in mind this phone is OLD. You're going to want to give it some time to start up.

With that said, you're on FroYo, not GB right? That last issue you had with the browser sounds like a GB bug...
Old 10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

mzel is a n00b

Nope, I just run Haret.exe and let it go. I have not touched it after that. And in the .gz file it says FRX071.
It did not finish the first run according to the instructions. I got the blue water background, but steps after that were not completed.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Nope, I just run Haret.exe and let it go. I have not touched it after that. And in the .gz file it says FRX071.
It did not finish the first run according to the instructions. I got the blue water background, but steps after that were not completed.
I'm not following you. Can't help without details, sorry.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:59 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

mzel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I'm not following you. Can't help without details, sorry.
Thanks for your help. Actually I do not know what other details are needed.
I downloaded the last build from the link on XDAndroid, formatted the SD card and followed installation instructions ( twice ).
The initial build goes through the running linux trace, flying green bots, goes to blue water screen, and pops up an error message ~20 sec later :

Sorry!

[Force close]"

It looks like the build process breaks half way through. After that simple apps like calc work, but browser gets the 1st page and crashes the phone right there.

Actually I see a suspicious thing: the XDAndroid download page shows the date of Sep 04, but inside the zip file some files are dated 10/17 or something like that
Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks for your help. Actually I do not know what other details are needed.
I downloaded the last build from the link on XDAndroid, formatted the SD card and followed installation instructions ( twice ).
The initial build goes through the running linux trace, flying green bots, goes to blue water screen, and pops up an error message ~20 sec later :

Sorry!

[Force close]"

It looks like the build process breaks half way through. After that simple apps like calc work, but browser gets the 1st page and crashes the phone right there.

Actually I see a suspicious thing: the XDAndroid download page shows the date of Sep 04, but inside the zip file some files are dated 10/17 or something like that
You're downloading FRX07.1_Full_Bundle_20110901.zip, correct?

Just hit force close on the com.android.phone error, it can be ignored. I sometimes get those on first boot.

Have you just tried rebooting? lol.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

mzel is a n00b

Yes and yes. Still crashes after that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2