View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Extremely slow initial build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzel View Post
hi all. Excuse me my noob question. I am trying to instal xdandroid 7.1 for very first time. I followed the instructions and it looked fine first. However the stage of the data.img build where it traces the linux commands in white on black which supposed to take 1-2 min is already going on for an hour and is still not finished.
I am suspecting the sd card is slow, but this slow?
What else can it be?
thanks
Anything beyond 10 minutes is bad.

Common pitfalls are forgetting ts-calibration (manual or downloaded versions) and forgetting rel_path= if the build is not placed at the root of the SD card (within any folders).

Check these things - if neither of those apply, try to read what's on the screen and perhaps we can try to decipher what's going on.