PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos
Re: [SOLVED] Unable to send/receive MMS

In the same boat. MMS forever downloads, only says SENDING. Grrr.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
In the same boat. MMS forever downloads, only says SENDING. Grrr.
Works great for me! Doublecheck your settings. There are many, many people on Sprint that have fully functional MMS (with the right settings configured).
Old 10-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul------TP2 (xdandroid)

ferny4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Works great for me! Doublecheck your settings. There are many, many people on Sprint that have fully functional MMS (with the right settings configured).

well i was able to receive an mms from my sister..however, i tried sending a picture and it didnt send..i waited for like 8 mins and then finally just gave up..shouldnt sending mms be the same settings as receiving mms?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Checked and rechecked my settings. Wasn't until after a reboot that it started working. Persistence paid off.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny4 View Post
well i was able to receive an mms from my sister..however, i tried sending a picture and it didnt send..i waited for like 8 mins and then finally just gave up..shouldnt sending mms be the same settings as receiving mms?
Hrm, I guess try rebooting like Imaginos did?

IIRC, the APN is only used for sending. Once the code was there in the system image to handle Sprint MMS properly, reception "just works" without any setup.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro2

Flagmax is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.5.26571/26.1023; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

I noticed that Data must be enabled for me to be able send MMS if using built in Messaging app. Would not work using WiFi with Data disabled.

Go SMS Pro on the other hand, worked with WiFi.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagmax View Post
I noticed that Data must be enabled for me to be able send MMS if using built in Messaging app. Would not work using WiFi with Data disabled.

Go SMS Pro on the other hand, worked with WiFi.
That's an interesting distinction... I wonder if the built-in messaging app can't function over wifi...?

Might be something to look into, see how native Android devices handle this...
Old 10-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
This would be very useful for Boost pay as you go customers running FRX especially new accounts since they upped txt from 10¢ to 20¢.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
This would be very useful for Boost pay as you go customers running FRX especially new accounts since they upped txt from 10¢ to 20¢.

I would assume you'd still get hit with the text fee, but you wouldn't get hit with the data usage fee (if you have a limited or no data plan).
Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I would assume you'd still get hit with the text fee, but you wouldn't get hit with the data usage fee (if you have a limited or no data plan).
Even if both users were sending via wifi or one had unlimited and the limited/sans data plan used wifi?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2