PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which Apps work with FRX07.1? Which ones don't?

I'm just wondering if there any must have Apps out there that work well with FRX07.1. I'm looking to find more.

These are my favorites so far:

Opera Mini: works better than the WM6 version. Also, I can listen to music and surf without glitchy audio.

Words with Friends: Works with a lot of errors so I just exit after sending a move to avoid more errors with Ads. Gets the job done.

ADW Launcher: Allows to make a simple, single page home screen that makes everything more stable.

Camera 360, Retro Camera: 2 Very fun camera Apps that make self portraits easier and have tons of options/effects.

Redlaser: Best UPC scanner App I have found. Made by Ebay. Works perfectly.

Unblock Me: Decent puzzle game. Works perfect.

Flashlight Professional. No Ad: Works well, except the candle is sorta glitchy.

ClockSync: Fixes time issue

Droidwall
: Awesome firewall with on/off widget

Radio Rip (lite): It's only 3 stars in Market, but it's the best radio stream ripper I've found on any platform. Load any .pls into it and it splits all the track names and commercials. No ads. Pay version adds mp3 export option.

Dood's Music Streamer: Works better than Nanogroove, the WinMo option. Allows saving songs to an "offline cache"

Google Goggles: Search using your camera.

I'd really like to find some more. Especially some performance enhancing Apps.

My only gripe with Android is the call quality. A lot of static in the ear piece. Plus, not having an easy way to hang up is a drag. Also, sometimes it boots up with the time 4 hours off (-Fixed with ClockSync)

Last edited by mountainwampus; 10-31-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Which Apps work with FRX07.1? Which ones don't?

Time issues are addressed in the FAQ.

Call quality is fixed with the new acoustic code. Hoping to have a build out on that soon (still some bugs with the new code). Most seem to be happy with flipping the speakerphone on/off as a workaround to get rid of the static.

As for performance boost, I've already made a thread on this topic:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ng-thread.html

I found using the SuperCharger script and setting it to the first "mega RAM" setting worked wonders. I'm sure it very aggressively closes apps, which I'm fine with. So long as the Android system is closing the app, there's no risk of data loss.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek

No go with Quickboot or AngryBirds. Comptia Bundle A+ Doesnt work. No slingplayer. Thats it for me!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwitek View Post
No go with Quickboot or AngryBirds. Comptia Bundle A+ Doesnt work. No slingplayer. Thats it for me!
Fruit Ninja works my fav !
Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

+ClockSync, Droidwall, Radio Rip. All must-haves.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwampus View Post
+ClockSync, Droidwall, Radio Rip. All must-haves.
Did you grant ClockSync superuser access? If not I'm pretty sure it wont work.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

that radio rip program is pretty cool , was looking for something like that for my computer , wonder if there is a way to make it record and split Pandora or slacker radio .
Old 10-31-2011, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
that radio rip program is pretty cool , was looking for something like that for my computer , wonder if there is a way to make it record and split Pandora or slacker radio .
Try out Dood's Music Streamer. it's a grooveshark client that allows you to save the songs to the SD card. It works similar to Pandora or Slacker but the sound quality is far superior.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2