PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Live Wallpapers

Hey all,

Live Wallpapers have been pulled from XDAndroid builds for a while. They do slow the device down, but they are eye candy... and I know everyone loves a little eye candy now and then.

So follow these steps if you want to give Live Wallpapers a whirl. I've included two (Starfield and the Matrix) but there are many, many more you can download once they are enabled... No guarantees any of them work, and again - This will slow down your phone, you've been warned!

Onto the directions:

Two methods - on the phone directly, or thru adb. Either way, you need to grab the .zip file (attached) and extract the files to your SD card. In reality you only need LiveWallpapersPicker.apk to enable the feature, but if you don't have any Live Wallpapers in mind, grab the other two APK's and put them on your SD as well.

First method - adb

Press enter after each entry...
Code:
adb shell
Code:
su
Code:
mount -o,remount rw /system
Code:
mv LiveWallpapersPicker.apk /system/app
Repeat the last step for livewallpaper.starfield.apk and livewallpaper.matrix.apk if you wish. Obviously the commands are assuming the APK's are at the root of your SD card - change the path if you placed the APK's in a different location.

Finally,

Code:
mount -o,remount ro /system
Second method - on the phone.

You need Terminal Emulator or ConnectBot. Connect to a local (root) shell.

I was going to make a separate section for this, but in reality it's the same steps as above - minus the adb shell part. Again, if you place the APK's at the root of the SD card - no folders - the above directions verbatim will work on the phone itself. Enjoy!

Feel free to use this thread to share your experiences and favorite Live Wallpapers - especially if you find one that works better than others, etc.

PS - In case you're unsure, once you've done this (no need to reboot) you should be able to long press on the desktop and go to "Wallpapers". You should now have a new option, "Live wallpapers".
Attached Files
File Type: zip LiveWallpapers.zip (347.8 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Re: Live Wallpapers

Figured I would add my experience to kick things off.

mgross029 inspired me to try Live Wallpapers again, because of Go Weather. Pretty cool weather app, with a nifty Live Wallpaper for sure!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

you know a good test would be to see if the gles 1.1 drivers actually help in this situation.

So i encourage comparison between 1.1 and 1.0

Edit: Also adb now remounts on its own. Just type "adb remount" and it should mount system as rw before you push the apk.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
you know a good test would be to see if the gles 1.1 drivers actually help in this situation.

So i encourage comparison between 1.1 and 1.0

Edit: Also adb now remounts on its own. Just type "adb remount" and it should mount system as rw before you push the apk.
Nice, thanks for the tip dude! I was going to edit the post, but what about remounting the system RO? Pretty sure that is a necessary step.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Nice, thanks for the tip dude! I was going to edit the post, but what about remounting the system RO? Pretty sure that is a necessary step.
when you reboot it will remount it back as ro. but yeah otherwise do it manually. I'm not sure if adb does that yet. :-p

*edit : looks like 1.1 is what is being used now so no need to test with 1.0..lol. There were reports from other devices that 1.1 had some flaws but none were found ruing mgross tests..

Last edited by [ACL]; 09-08-2011 at 05:04 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2