PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

hookramer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How good is Android on TP2?

Stock 6.5
Ce os 5.2.21889 build 21889 5.0.87
I didnt change anything in winmo as I got this phone recently for the sole purpose of getting android on it. I'm on an old plan with data and this is the best phone without paying triple the price

I just went into airplane mode before booting and I can now get incoming calls!!
Thanks again

I'm going to have to try the Wifi nvram trick tomorrow since it would be nice to have wifi.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

hookramer is a n00b

Airplane mode before boot did the trick!

Would love to get wifi working so have to try the nvram tomorrow
thanks
Old 09-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookramer View Post
Airplane mode before boot did the trick!

Would love to get wifi working so have to try the nvram tomorrow
thanks
Nice!

Yea, only need to do that if Android doesn't detect your MAC.. good luck!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 on Energy

coolmuke is a n00b

I am new to this and recently rooted my TP2 for the first time to enerygy rom. now i want to go for android. from what i read, its installed on SD card and does not affect the phone. so, if i screw up something and if it dosent work, can i just remove the SD card and use my energy rom? or will I have to re-install energy again?
Old 10-07-2011, 03:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmuke View Post
I am new to this and recently rooted my TP2 for the first time to enerygy rom. now i want to go for android. from what i read, its installed on SD card and does not affect the phone. so, if i screw up something and if it dosent work, can i just remove the SD card and use my energy rom? or will I have to re-install energy again?
You've got it. Android shuts down windows so this doesn't effect your energy rom at all.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Nice!

Yea, only need to do that if Android doesn't detect your MAC.. good luck!
just wanna clarify , android was detecting my MAC but WiFi still didn't work , so I did the nvram trick and it fixed it .
Old 10-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
just wanna clarify , android was detecting my MAC but WiFi still didn't work , so I did the nvram trick and it fixed it .
Then Android wasn't detecting your MAC. That's the only thing the nvram trick has ever fixed, or will ever fix.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:40 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Then Android wasn't detecting your MAC. That's the only thing the nvram trick has ever fixed, or will ever fix.
Not trying to argue with you arrrghhh , but i added my MAC address to my WiFi router while i was booted into android , thinking that was my problem , but yet it still didnt connect , THEN i did the nvram trick and it worked . But before i did the trick , i could visibly see , in the settings , my MAC address in android .
Old 10-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Not trying to argue with you arrrghhh , but i added my MAC address to my WiFi router while i was booted into android , thinking that was my problem , but yet it still didnt connect , THEN i did the nvram trick and it worked . But before i did the trick , i could visibly see , in the settings , my MAC address in android .
lol, ok.......

That's what the nvram trick fixes. I don't care what you saw. Sorry.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
lol, ok.......

That's what the nvram trick fixes. I don't care what you saw. Sorry.
haha I don't know , but I can't tether lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2