PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

hceuterpe is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Buttons

So our TP2s have 4 buttons on the front. phone answer, phone disconnect, windows key and "back".

Yet every Android phone I see has these (at max 4) buttons:
menu/context, back, search, home.

Wouldn't it make more sense for us to remap the phone answer to the search button, and the phone disconnect to the home button? No android phone has, nor really needs those two phone buttons (at least ones I've seen)...

I guess if you're really anal, you can put new stickers over them with a home image and a looking glass

Otherwise it's looking great. While Android is still really in alpha testing since not everything is quite functional, along with the SD booting, it's still better than crappy winmo 6.5!!! I can't use it yet 100% as I require bluetooth on the phone for at least a headset, but I'd certainly ditch WinMo once that (which seems close) and NAND booting is going (which also seems so close!!)

Last edited by hceuterpe; 03-24-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Buttons

Until the dialer screen gets fixed, we kinda need an end key.

Besides, noobs would freak out if the button mapping was that different from WinMo. I'd like to see the option to remap all the buttons, which will hopefully come in time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2