PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2 #2
Carrier: boost

jcthelight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google voice

How do I get this to work? I go thru the steps and when I get to where I have to enter a vm pin I get a text saying message sent to invalid destination. Thanks

Sent from my BLAZN 2.2.2 using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2011, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Google voice

Ok, lemme get this straight... at 7:58 you posted this question in Tiad's thread.... at 9:23 I answered it, or at least gave a recommendation to try..... you didn't bother checking to see if anyone answered your question in that thread, and started another thread asking the same question.... and when I did a search of "google voice" when searching this forum, I found the answer there. I don't mean to sound like a PITA but come on... at least subscribe to the thread you post a question in and you can see when posts are made in that thread.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

LOL, at least he's not elesbb, who started 3 threads asking all kinds of questions... one of which makes me wonder why he's even using Android (he was asking why Android can't be more like WinMo and that he likes WinMo so much and wishes there was an emulator under WinMo that he can run Android on top of... WTH.. WTF.. )

But in all seriousness, jcthelight, did you read what fish recommended you should try, i.e. adding "north_am_dialing=1" to your STARTUP.TXT on the set cmdline string. Works fine for me. Really, I've seen you around for a while so you should know better, it's not like your a total noob. Read and search and you shall find your answer.

Fish, I think some users just need to be spoon fed. Like creating a fool-proof, idiot-proof bundle that will work with all scenarios.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
LOL, at least he's not elesbb, who started 3 threads asking all kinds of questions... one of which makes me wonder why he's even using Android (he was asking why Android can't be more like WinMo and that he likes WinMo so much and wishes there was an emulator under WinMo that he can run Android on top of... WTH.. WTF.. )

But in all seriousness, jcthelight, did you read what fish recommended you should try, i.e. adding "north_am_dialing=1" to your STARTUP.TXT on the set cmdline string. Works fine for me. Really, I've seen you around for a while so you should know better, it's not like your a total noob. Read and search and you shall find your answer.

Fish, I think some users just need to be spoon fed. Like creating a fool-proof, idiot-proof bundle that will work with all scenarios.
I agree...But Elesbb has a rom on CDMA, so at least he is learning or just plain he asks way too many questions to be the center of attention.

Last edited by proxhack; 03-11-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: added info
Old 03-12-2011, 12:00 AM
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Yeah JC's been around and maybe I shouldn't have snapped, he was prob just posting the question to make it more visible, sorry about snapping on him like that, I'm just working on no sleep and it gets realllllly frustrating to see the same questions especially when the answer is clearly visible via search. Tiad really needs to do a FAQ or at least link to one with proper permission and bold it for people to read, even though many probably won't.

And as far as elesbb, I'm glad to see he has a CDMA rom, it shows he's got some sense. But based on some of his questions and how he goes about asking them could lead you to believe otherwise. Although I will say, he is very pleasant and does appologize, and clearly is not a bad guy at all.

Last edited by fishingmedic; 03-12-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
This is not possible, as this setting will break others overseas that do not have/use GV...

XDAndroid does have a FAQ, and tiad8 can certainly link to it. I address this problem in the FAQ, along with many others!

Shameless FAQ Link
Old 03-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Yeah JC's been around and maybe I shouldn't have snapped, he was prob just posting the question to make it more visible, sorry about snapping on him like that, I'm just working on no sleep and it gets realllllly frustrating to see the same questions especially when the answer is clearly visible via search. Tiad really needs to do a FAQ or at least link to one with proper permission and bold it for people to read, even though many probably won't.

And as far as elesbb, I'm glad to see he has a CDMA rom, it shows he's got some sense but not clearly by the questions he asks and how he goes about asking them.
Agree!

Fish, you should try nega wp7 rc8, it has some great features that I have not seen on any other rom.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Sorry, elesb, I didn't know you're the chef of a WinMo ROM. It's just that he asked one of the weirdest questions, especially in saying that android should be like winmo and wanting to emulate android on top of winmo.

Sent from my FRX05-ized TP2
Old 03-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2 #2
Carrier: boost
Threadstarter

jcthelight is becoming a great contributor
Yes I posted this thread to make it more visible and I do use the search but when I do sometimes it brings up really old results that isn't anything that I was looking for. Also I posted earlier in the blazin 2.2 thread and no one answered it so figured i'd make a thread. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
Yes I posted this thread to make it more visible and I do use the search but when I do sometimes it brings up really old results that isn't anything that I was looking for. Also I posted earlier in the blazin 2.2 thread and no one answered it so figured i'd make a thread. Thanks.

No biggee, sorry for snapping lol, been a long couple of days. Do you ever subscribe to a thread to follow along that way too? I try to make a point of that if I post a question, that way you can get email notifications of posts in that thread w/ a link to the post. However you basically have to sign back in to get more notifications. Did you get it working? I saw ProX posted up his start up in Tiads thread.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2