PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (rhodium 500)
Carrier: Verizon

pmcolman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: Bluetooth and Android?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technix2002 View Post
FRX07 is awesome! I didn't have to do squat and my BlueAnt X5i A2DP headphones worked. The headphone jack even works too.
The bad news: I guess I didn't fare so lucky. I installed FRX07 this afternoon on a reformatted 8gb SD from the bundle and from the quick instructions. I can't get Bluetooth to turn on at all. When I go into communications settings and press "Turn Bluetooth on", it pauses for a long time and then goes back to the same menu. Disappointing considering all the folks who talked about the pre-FRX07 activities solving this problem. If I can get past this problem, I have my A2DP Plantronics Voyager Pro+ headset ready to test.

The good news: FRX07 is far more capable and stable than was FRX06. Installation was without an event. I can do many more complex things without the spontaneous reboots. Nav works now (as obviously does GPS). Going in and out of Internet is stable, before and after phone calls and messages (all of that was a mess before). A bunch of Marketplace games now install and operate correctly that did do so not before. My mobile banking program (BofA) now works correctly.

Just a few days ago prior to FRX07, I resisted the urge to upgrade to an HTC Incredible 2 or a Motorola Droid X2, but I said to myself ... no ... I'd rather donate the upgrade price to XDAndroid instead ... selfishly because I really like the HTC TP2 ... and unselfishly because I really like what XDAndroid does for people by people!

If any one who knows the answer can point me to the way ahead for BT, that would be wonderful!

Best,
Paul

(Rhodium 500 = HTC TP2 on Verizon under WINMO 6.5 and FRX07)

Paul M. Colman, President
FunStuff Software
703-725-8827
Old 07-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Bluetooth and Android?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcolman View Post
The bad news: I guess I didn't fare so lucky. I installed FRX07 this afternoon on a reformatted 8gb SD from the bundle and from the quick instructions. I can't get Bluetooth to turn on at all. When I go into communications settings and press "Turn Bluetooth on", it pauses for a long time and then goes back to the same menu. Disappointing considering all the folks who talked about the pre-FRX07 activities solving this problem. If I can get past this problem, I have my A2DP Plantronics Voyager Pro+ headset ready to test.
Is BT on in WinMo? For some reason the state of BT in WinMo seems to have drastically negative effects of BT in Android. Several people have said either make sure BT is disabled in WinMo prior to booting Android, or simply put WinMo in airplane mode...

However, I did say in the caveat list that even tho BT works, it pairs... it won't pass/route audio correctly to the headset/headphones. I don't know why some people say it's working and others can't get it to route - I was in the latter group - my headset pairs, but no audio passes. So even if you do get BT to turn on and pair, don't expect audio to pass...

Good luck!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Lurker

pmcolman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Is BT on in WinMo? For some reason the state of BT in WinMo seems to have drastically negative effects of BT in Android. Several people have said either make sure BT is disabled in WinMo prior to booting Android, or simply put WinMo in airplane mode...

However, I did say in the caveat list that even tho BT works, it pairs... it won't pass/route audio correctly to the headset/headphones. I don't know why some people say it's working and others can't get it to route - I was in the latter group - my headset pairs, but no audio passes. So even if you do get BT to turn on and pair, don't expect audio to pass...

Good luck!
Yes BT *was* on in WinMo. I turned it off and then rebooted into Android. Yes you were correct that this will cause BT to work and to pair. However, it does trigger voyager-pro+ audible prompts, such as "Phone 1 connected" or "Loss of connection", but it does pass audio *content*. When calling, pressing the "Bluetooth" soft-key lights it up, but does not channel the audio content to the headset. Also, the speaker key lights up, but does not turn on the speaker. In all of those cases, the content is only audible in the phone earpiece.

Then, when I turned BT back on in WinMo, BT was no longer active in FRX07.

Best,
Paul
Old 07-19-2011, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work

All of that is as expected.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Lurker

pmcolman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
I would love to see some information on this also.
Since i dont have the skills to help out here i guess i will donate 20 dollars the the dev that gets A2DP BT going. Anyone else wanna donate to a bounty on this?
*EDIT* if you want me to make a different thread for the bounty let me know. Didnt want to clutter the place.
I'll contribute another 50 dollars for a functioning A2DP BT, and all the test information that I can !

Paul
Old 07-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Lurker

pmcolman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
Please let me know what I can test and what kind of information you need in the process ... I can be very thorough and precise if it is called for.

Paul
Old 07-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Lurker

pmcolman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
My previous post was regarding a Plantronics Voyager Pro+ (A2DP).

When I return home next week from vacation, I will try my Plantronics Voyager Pro (not +), which is not A2DP, and will report the results.

paul
Old 07-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: 1&1

Tippfehler is a n00b

Thanks for the new FRX07 with BT. I have not changed the rootfs and kernel.
My Sennheiser VMX100 is working well, but
my Sony Ericsson Liveview MN800 Application 1.0.A.0.18 is crashing bluetooth.
If I install and start the (free) liveview app from the market, bluetooth is switching off and on all the time until I kill this app. The liveview is not paired at this time.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z log.7z (37.4 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippfehler View Post
Thanks for the new FRX07 with BT. I have not changed the rootfs and kernel.
My Sennheiser VMX100 is working well, but
my Sony Ericsson Liveview MN800 Application 1.0.A.0.18 is crashing bluetooth.
If I install and start the (free) liveview app from the market, bluetooth is switching off and on all the time until I kill this app. The liveview is not paired at this time.
I wouldn't expect something advanced like liveview to work at all. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: 1&1

Tippfehler is a n00b

I think, it is not impossible, because LV is running on all other android phones, f. i. HTC HD2 (Leo). There is only a bad program (liveview app) that is crashing the bluetooth stack.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2