PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3d driver for testing with gralloc. UPDATED 11.29.10

Same as above. Air installed, but I have no idea how to test it.

Angry Birds, both the Lite and current market version refuse to load.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Thank you everyone for testing this.

guys, don't get disappointed about the APK not working. air is not suppose to work for our devices.

I just did this to test the apk. It works. Everything is workings according to plan.

You guys are wondering why some apps didn't work. Because android don't have GPU ACCELERATION, ONLY CPU.

Now. My goal is to make every app that use 3d to use gpu acceleration. That why AIR it the key to make this happen. One you install air your entire system will change.

Now the AIR works. I'm going to do some more test. I'm going to write some codes.

Maybe next time. You will experience GPU ACCELERATION.

Thanks

sprint htc touch pro 2 (rhod400)
Old 12-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
Thank you everyone for testing this.

guys, don't get disappointed about the APK not working. air is not suppose to work for our devices.

I just did this to test the apk. It works. Everything is workings according to plan.

You guys are wondering why some apps didn't work. Because android don't have GPU ACCELERATION, ONLY CPU.

Now. My goal is to make every app that use 3d to use gpu acceleration. That why AIR it the key to make this happen. One you install air your entire system will change.

Now the AIR works. I'm going to do some more test. I'm going to write some codes.

Maybe next time. You will experience GPU ACCELERATION.

Thanks

sprint htc touch pro 2 (rhod400)
thanks tiad keep up the great work. Just curious how will gpu acceleratoin help?
Old 12-16-2010, 02:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

Running @ 768Mhz now seen it very & stable but I have nearly SOD when open some applications. Seen application force control brightness!?

I'm installed ColorViewSource - Android app on AppBrain and open it, my screen go off and can not wake up properly, if I press Power Button then no wakeup, press again then screen wake up for 1 seconds then go off. I've swipe at lock button to try to unlock and it seen work because of it has vibrated! but screen still blank

Anyway I have 660 point when running Quadrant, it's great and Linpack has 5.303 also.
At 528Mhz, score is: 350 with Quadrant & 3.x with Linpack
Old 12-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: PlusGSM

majkeljj is a n00b

Quote:
FIRST POST UPDATED
New Kernel - Dec. 12, 2010 THANKS TO "F22"

Wifi for topaz should now work, please test it for other devices

zImage-2.6.27.46-01232-gb7033df
http://www.mediafire.com/?qnuulzzltc9nl36
modules-2.6.27.46-01232-gb7033df.tar.gz
http://www.mediafire.com/?s64576601lj6o79
I have touch pro 1 (RAPH100, GSM) and I have problems with randomly hang-ups and with wake-up. I think that hang ups are connected with data connection because it always hangs when I enter to "mobile networks" on settings.
It could be great if you could resolve this problem. I have the same problem with glemson kernel 04.12.2010 and there is no problem with kernel from 24.11.2010.
Thank you for your great work

edit:
ok, it's rather not connected with data connection, I disable it, hang-up still exists every time exacly about 90 seconds after entering pin code, no matter what I'm trying to do.

Last edited by majkeljj; 12-16-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
thanks tiad keep up the great work. Just curious how will gpu acceleratoin help?
sorry man. busy

This will greatly increase the performance of your applications as a lot of the rendering work can be offloaded to the GPU.

thanks
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majkeljj View Post
I have touch pro 1 (RAPH100, GSM) and I have problems with randomly hang-ups and with wake-up. I think that hang ups are connected with data connection because it always hangs when I enter to "mobile networks" on settings.
It could be great if you could resolve this problem. I have the same problem with glemson kernel 04.12.2010 and there is no problem with kernel from 24.11.2010.
Thank you for your great work

edit:
ok, it's rather not connected with data connection, I disable it, hang-up still exists every time exacly about 90 seconds after entering pin code, no matter what I'm trying to do.
can you please post your startup. thanks
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Updated benchmarks w/ FRX03, zImage and modules from acl 12/16, and running OC'd at 700

FPS2d: 30FPS, stdev 4.59 (used to be 20FPS before ACL's changes)
Linpack: avg of 3 tries, 4.366
neocore: 18.5FPS (but visually, the difference is significantly noticable)
quadrant: 568 (but visually, the difference is noticable)
Angry Birds: a little bit faster (I know, Angry Birds is not a performance / benchmark tool, but still...)

Can't wait for framebuffer to be committed!!! Great work guys!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

Great tiad8, keep up your great job!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: PlusGSM

majkeljj is a n00b

Quote:
can you please post your startup. thanks
here is my startup file:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 1910
set cmdline "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init rootwait rw rootdelay=3 lcd.density=210 pm.sleep_mode=1 msmts_calib=0x7a.0x5e.0x35a.0x37f msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=-1,-2,3 board-htcraphael-navi.wake=0 physkeyboard=raph rel_path=andboot hw3d.force=1"
boot

I know pm.sleep_mode=1 may cause such a problems, but without this option in cmdline problem still exists. Today I noticed that hangup after ~90 sec. after system start exist only when I install clean system on ext2 and run haret with the newest modules (problem is after every reboot), but when I start clean system with kernel 24.11 and then change modules to newest 12.12.2010 problem disapearing. Problem with wakeup still exists (but not always). I compare times in both kernels and I think that kernel 12.12.2010 hangs system when it try to establish data connection (exacly when icon should be shown on topbar).

Last edited by majkeljj; 12-16-2010 at 01:41 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2